General Eflite UMX Beast Biplane Report

mooserider

I just wanted to start a thread about how cool this little plane is! I've had it for a week now, flew it maybe 20 times. It's awesome! I also have a little Carbon Cub SS, and it's great... even flies upside-down. But this Beast Biplane is crazy. Maybe I'm just not use to how much the electrics can do, but man does it have power, and flies like a dart! I took it out after work today... was beautiful out, but a little windy. That didn't stop this little plane. In fact it made it really fun. Pointing it into the wind and taking the throttle down, I got the thing to fly 'backwards'. Also got a few landings in that were basically helicopter style, just hovering down in the wind. It's been a long time since I got to do that, and man was it fun! I got some videos, hopefully I'll find something worth posting and post it tomorrow.

If anyone wants a little stunt monster they can dink around with in a smallish area... this is a great plane. Costs $140... but it's worth it if you want something to have fun with and you're working on another plane or just want something now!

Tony

Staff member
I have always wanted one of these planes just never got around to actually purchasing it. When I was going to get it, they were out of stock and I ended up with a Habu which is a lot of fun, but it's no Beast lol.

Admiral

I've had a UMX Beast for a while I found the wings a bit flimsy and it wasn't long before I had to replace them. When I replaced them I ran cellar tape along the leading edges and the wing roots had to added a little bit of weight but did not effect performance, but the life of the wing was extended fourfold.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a UMX Beast for a while I found the wings a bit flimsy and it wasn't long before I had to replace them. When I replaced them I ran cellar tape along the leading edges and the wing roots had to added a little bit of weight but did not effect performance, but the life of the wing was extended fourfold.

Great little plane love it, the velcro in the middle of the wing is where I mounted a small video, it struggled but did it if I can find the video I'll post it.

trainrider06

Dangit! You guys and your cool stuff!!! I am trying to buy this Goblin 630, and everyone keeps posting cool stuff!!! Shame on ya all!!
LOL

Tony

Staff member
It's only a bill and a half! Go get you one. And while you are there, pick me up one too!!! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom