General edge 540t

silverfinz

hello everyone! nice website!
i was looking into ugrating my motor setting for my edge 540t and saw the video on youtube about the esc/battery/motor setting, was very helpful!!! i love that plane and that motor looks sweet!!
I really like that bigfoot .32 770kv, thou i have a few questions..

-Can i run it with 3s as well?
-What would be the best prop for 3d for both 3s and 4s setup? the website doesnt really give out many infos about tests and suggested props..
-is the motor mount that comes with it the right size for motor mount on the plane?
-is the shaft extension that comes with it the right length as shown in the video?

thank you so much!!

.seb

Tony

Staff member
Please post questions in the correct part of the forum. We do not allow tech questions in the new member introduction area or in the lounge. Thanks. I have moved this thread to the correct section.

I would not suggest the .32 on a 3s setup. You just won't have enough RPM. If you are getting this exact plane that I had in the video, then the normal flight prop is a 13x8 (which I run) and the 3D prop is a 12x6. Really, with the 12x6 you need about 850kv, and this is the reason for me running the 13x8. The motor mount had to be modified with a file so that it would fit the holes in the mount on the plane. Everything else is stock, just bolted together.

silverfinz

sorry for the delay.. thank you for replying!!
im waiting for the bigfoot .32 and a 60 amps esc (hobbyWing flyfun 60A)..
i got an apc 13x8E and a master airscrew 13x8 electric.. ill run 2200 4s 35c..
will let you know how it goes!!
.seb

silverfinz

Hello!
I got the motor and esc, quite impressive!
I have a 2 1/4" spinner and the aluminum spinner that came with the motor but quite can't figure out how to make it fit on the engine.. The motor came with a filed washer, a nut and a screwable spinner.. Please help..

.seb.

Tony

Staff member
To mount a spinner, you will install the backplate, then the prop, then, if it fits, the small spinner (or nut with a very thin washer) to secure the prop, then you will screw the spinner onto the backplate. Post some pictures and video of this plane flying. Would love to see it!

Top Bottom