Chargers Ec3 Parallel Charging Board

bigone5500

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a parallel charging board for EC3 that has the parallel cable and banana plug pass through on one end. I have a XT60 board that has this and it makes it very easy to have multiple boards of different types connected to the charger at once.

20190616_152654.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I'm using EPBuddy parallel boards and they have what you are talking about, but I'm not seeing the passthrough. My Deans has passthrough.

Tony

Staff member
You may be able to edit the title from the thread list page just before this page. Xenforo is weird with editing.

Tony

Staff member
I have not changed anything permission wise. All I have done with the site is remove some things from the front page to make it load a little faster. I will look into it .

murankar

Staff member
Spend the money on the Progressive RC modular system. It allows you to plug different boards with different connectors together in a daisy chain. I have 2 boards setup for the supera X brand and ec3 for all my other packs.

bigone5500

I may just build a parallel banana connector using panel mount jacks and plug it into my charger. Then I can leave my parallel boards plugged in all the time.

bigone5500

So this is what I have came up with. I had some extra jacks and decided to go with it. I am not happy with the way the bus bars came out. I cut them from some that I had salvaged from old VF drives. I will probably make new o es sometime later just to make it look better for me. I didn't get a photo of the bus bars yet so stay tuned.

20190617_194147.jpg 20190617_195339.jpg 20190617_195322.jpg

bigone5500

I got the new bus bars done today. They look much better than the first ones. I did not center punch or use a drill press on those, I just clamped them together in a vise and used a hand drill. What a joke. I cut the first ones also with a chisel and hammer in the vise which was easy but left the bar with a slight bump on one edge. Today I used a file to get it right on the mark. Finished with a little sand blasting and they are ready to install.

20190619_135747.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Other than some surface oxidation, why would you sand blast them? I would have polished them out lmao.

Top Bottom