EA "Donkey" Cargo Dropper With Redesigned Wing

Derek

This is an Experimental Airlines design (found on Youtube) called the Donkey. We've had this plane for a bit more than a year and it flew real well but I wanted more lift. So, I built a new wing that was thicker (hoping for more lift) and I added flaps. Todays remaiden was a great success!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Does my eyes deceive me or is that a plane that Derek is flying, not a quad... Right? Lol I'm liking the design and the flight. Nice job on both :)

Tony

Staff member
Plane looked like it flew fantastic! And every time I see your little girl, she just keeps getting bigger! Wow.

Derek

Im gonna be using this plane in an "egg drop" contest next weekend at the fun fly. Should be fun!

Derek

I'm looking forward to playing with the flaps some more. I'd like to see if I can get the take off to be a bit shorter and then drop the flaps and really see if I can slow this pig-of-a-plane down, lol. I've got several planes with flaps...they are just so much fun to play with and see the planes flight characteristics change.

Tony

Staff member
So you are wanting more of an STOL plane. They have massive lift and fly very very slow. That would be awesome.

Derek

Yeah, pretty much! My Blue Cub has flaps and it behaves very well with lots of flaps. It's a process of "trial and error" to get the "down elevator" matched up with the "down flaps" but when I found that sweet spot.....it's sweet!!!

Top Bottom