General E550 Raptor problem

Trevor Morgan

Hi every one this morning i flew my E550s and when I was spooling it up just before lift off the motor cut off and the pitch went down to negative for a split second and then went back to where it as before. I shut it down and then respooled it up again to lift off at which time I went into idle up 1 then lifted off and had my flight (no 3D just sport flying ) with o problems.
My next flight the same thing happened so I shut down and tried again and it did it again, it is only for a split second but it goes to negative pitch and then back to normal, it did it 5 times in all so I did not fly again. I would like to find out if anyone else has had this problem or anything like it. I thought it might be the peed controller (ACERC 80 amp) but if the power cut the motor the pitch would not go to negative, then I thought it might be throttle hold to stop motor but pitch still would not go to negative.
Any help would be much appreciated as I won't fly again until I find out. The first time it happened I just put it to idle up 1 and no problems but I didn't do that on the next times because I thought if it happens again maybe no more heli !!!

Rowdy

First I would double check all my solder connections. I've had a loose wire make the machine cut out before. Then double check everything in my setup. Do you have a newer esc to try out on it!? If so that wouldn't hurt either.

Trevor Morgan

Thanks for your reply
I have had this heli for a few years now and never had a problem before when you say check solder joints do you mean the bullet connectors on the speed controller and motor connections. No I don't have a spare esc but i think that may be the problem, I have a Talon 90 on my 600 Raptor I think it might be a good idea to try that one on the 550 and see what happens

Rowdy

Yes check all of your connections. If you have satellites check those out as well. Tug on them, make sure nothing's loose at all. Try the other esc to see if the problem goes away, it can't hurt.

Top Bottom