General E-sky CCPM Upgrade

RMB677

To have a sacrificial heli to practice with rather than my Blade 450 I'm in the process of changing the electronics on an E-sky Honey Bee King 4, similar to other 450 type helis, to use my DX6i and an AR6115e Rx. I've followed the videos "DX6i & CCPM etc." and have reached the blade pitch set up. I get +/- 7 on my blades but when I move the throt. lever up and down, idle up mode, I get good rotation (pitch change) on one blade but barely any movement on the other. I can't see why, all the linkages are connected but the movement isn't there. Also I tried to spin up the heli and I don't get any lift. The blades are rotating CW and are installed facing the right direction. The chief difference between the heli used in the videos and the HBK4 is that the flybar is above the main blades.

What am I not doing/seeing??

stokke

How's your swash looking?
When raising and lowering the left stick (pitch/thr), does the swash look level while moving up and down?

john2012

Banned
wow iwish there were some heli people in my area to help me with my problem with my 400 class heli from art-tech and or blitzrcworks is their any one that can help

- - - Updated - - -

oh my swash is level and istill have no lift and no one has the heli i have i guess?????

- - - Updated - - -

im looking to buy my next heli from horizon hobby and it is complete blade 450 rtf with a dx6i tx and i will be happy to get it but don't know when that will be.

RMB677

The swash moves up and down on the level when the throttle is moved up and down. Also the swash moves right and left for aileron and fore and aft with elev. I'm wondering if I should fool with the link for the problem blade changing its length and see what happens.

Roger

stokke

I'm wondering if I should fool with the link for the problem blade changing its length and see what happens.

Roger

Yes. The link for tracking might be off. The tracking links should be the same length.
I'd start with the one which isn't moving, and maybe extend or shorten that one.

Oh, and use a pitch gauge.

- - - Updated - - -

wow iwish there were some heli people in my area to help me with my problem with my 400 class heli from art-tech and or blitzrcworks is their any one that can help

- - - Updated - - -

oh my swash is level and istill have no lift and no one has the heli i have i guess?????

- - - Updated - - -

im looking to buy my next heli from horizon hobby and it is complete blade 450 rtf with a dx6i tx and i will be happy to get it but don't know when that will be.

Have you started a topic on this issue on here?

RMB677

Stokke, I'm in the same boat with no other RC heli people in the area. Though next weekend there's a meet about an hour and a half from here that I'll try to get to on Sunday, I work on Fri.'s and Sat's. I might throw the problem "child" in the truck and see if I can get some help while there.

Marius, thanks for your input. I did use a pitch gauge to set up the one blade that isn't the problem by adjusting the links from the servos to the swash plate.

Well its time to start closing up the store, Memory Station, a Lionel train store, my other hobby. I usually close on Fri's and Sat's. Probably be tomorrow a.m. before I have a chance to get back on the forum

Roger

flysolo

I get +/- 7 on my blades but when I move the throt. lever up and down, idle up mode, I get good rotation (pitch change) on one blade but barely any movement on the other. I can't see why, all the linkages are connected but the movement isn't there.

What am I not doing/seeing??

After building a flybarless dfc heli I tried to fix my flybared 450. Took me a while to realize that the pitch is relative to the flybar, unlike the flybarless you will not get the correct movement on the rotor blades unless the flybar is spinning or vertically fixed(prefereble lateral to the swash). Might be a stupid suggestion but if your a total beginner like me it's worth checking out..

RMB677

If you are only getting +- 7 degrees then you need to increase that to +- 10 degree.

Murankar - the manual for the HBK shows the pitch range as the 7+/-.

If the Mrs. doesn't have any plans for today I'll continue fooling with it today. Looks like it might start raining any minute so I don't think I'll be flying the Blade 450 this morning.

RMB677

I was able to get the HBK off the ground today. I found that I had the swash plate too high which in turn didn't leave any adjustment in the links from the swash to the mixing arms, they were turned in as far as possible. I lowered the swash plate and adjusted the blades using the mixing arm links. Some further tuning is needed for stability, though the problem that started this all, random kicking CCW, still occures. The tail belt is tight and the gyro has been replasced with an original equipment one. The next step is to install a spare gyro I have for my Blade 450 and see what happens. Another thought, question, is could it be the ESC? Its difficult to tell if both the main blades and tail are loosing rpm or just the tail, there is a definate change in sound when the kick occurs.

RMB677

I think I've solved the problems.:tickled_pink: After installing a new tail servo (Align) and gyro (E-flight) and then when setting up the tail rotor I noted that the tail rotor hub was slipping, but only at some points on the shaft. Further inspection showed the allen screw was loose. Put on some Locktight and tightened things up and no more tail kick. To get the heli to lift at lower RPM I went back and changed the pitch curve. All is working well, only need fine tuning. After testing I also noted that the motor and ESC were not hot to the touch thanks to running at lower RPM and thus voltage.

Now to attack the lawn tractor, something didn't sound just right with the mower deck while cutting grass this morning, hoping it may only be an out of balance blade. ( I'm hell on mower blades)

Top Bottom