E-Razor fbl 450 challenge

Chopper21

Hi Every one.
I have been interested for years in model flying with fixed wings some were a Fletcher 954 and Spitfire 1V.
Recently looking at choppers and started with a twin blade coaxial 3ch and then onto a single blade FB 4ch .

So had a lot of fun with the Mercenary FB 4ch and decided to go to the next step an E-Razor 450 FBL RTF "Beginners model" joke. :(
After trimming out for hover was ok but as the chopper gets to 10' I gently turn right and she immediately rolls into the ground, three attempts to stay in the sky have been attempted.
However I am still trying to nut this one out as in another forum on E-Razors an experienced pilot suggested that the Gyro may be confused with excess vibrations.

Good advise as the chopper has an unusual whine whine whine as she spools up.
So need to check bearings, motor pinion, gears and head integrity before flying again.

Presently converting the head to Fly bar until I get more time up with the bigger bird.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
If you do a search on here for that helicopter, you will find that not many people keep them very long. And for good reason. I as well purchased this as my first helicopter and it was a mistake. The spool up sound you hear is the out of round pinion and main gear. The mesh is too tight as well.

Instead of dumping money into this helicopter, I suggest saving for an Align 450. One with a belt would be best if you are just now learning.

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom