450 E-razor 450 gyro help

z257

hi i just got my e razor back to working order and i went to track the blades and the heli just spun around and wouldn't stop. i reversed the gyro and that seemed to fix it until i got to around half throttle and it just started spinning rapidly. i have messed with the sensitivity on my wfly wft07 tx and no luck. is it the gyro or what?? please help

thanks,
zack

Tony

Staff member
If you are running the GY192 gyro, you have to physically turn the gyro to reverse the direction. Mine was label to the back and upside down. Hope this helps.

z257

okay ill run outside and try that. and ill get back to you
thanks

- - - Updated - - -

yep mine was the same as yours. its flying great now thanks a lot!!!

z257

hey tony after that good flight i let the battery charge then started it up again and now it won't stop spinning counter clockwise. even if i put full right rudder it still won't stop spinning. but it doesn't spin very fast kinda like wags its way around. any suggestions?
thanks

z257

that helped a little bit. it stopped spinning ( i have sub trim to the max and normal trim almost there to) should i just go ahaed and buy a new gyro and tail servo?

Tony

Staff member
On the gyro, your trim and subtrim should be set as close to 0 as possible. In fact, you don't want to use trim at all. And only use subtrim to get your servo arm 90º to the linkage. Once that is done, you will want to either adjust the linkage rod end pieces, or if you can slide the servo up or down teh boom to center the slider on the tail shaft. There should be equal distance on the right and left side for the slider to move. It takes a bit to set it up, but it's worth it.

z257

yes i did all that on my last rebuild. but when i get in a hover i am holding a lot of right rudder. my sub trim is at 1000/1000 and my regular trim is at 7500/1000. when i wiggle the tail it corrects it. so i t has to be in hh mode.

Tony

Staff member
actually HH and rate mode both will correct the tail movements. But HH will hold that correction until the tail comes back whereas Rate mode will only correct to stop the movement. If you are having to use a lot of trim then you need to move teh servo more until it stops.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, if you are having to hold right rudder then you will slide the servo up or down the boom to correct this. Putting in a lot of subtrim or trim will cause the arm on teh servo to no longer be at 90º to the linkage rod. And with that you won't have equal travel in both directions. If this were my heli, I would set all trims back to 0, then only adjust subtrim to get the arm to 90º to the rod (after moving the arm its self off the servo to get it as close as possible) then slide the servo up or down to correct.

z257

alright i messed around with it and now its back in HH mode. now im just trying to stop the tail from wagging when evr i put any kind of rudder input
thank

z257

i think im just gunna buy a new gyro and tail servo. have you ever delt with the Detrum GY48V or the Solar Servo D650? its cheap and has good reviews.
thanks,
zack

Tony

Staff member
The D650 SUCKS on the tail. I had one on my other Pro and it was not fast enough for anything. Don't waste your time. For a good tail, you will have to spend some cash unfortunately.

z257

how do you like the gy48v gyro tony and which is the the cheapest tail servo that prefoms well? and super bad how much for a new or used 1?

- - - Updated - - -

how about the EXI Digital Servo D113F?

z257

hey im gunna get 1 from another website but thanks superbad. and tony im gunna get a DS425M Digital Servo that one has to be good. thanks alot guys!!

Top Bottom