EDF E-Flite Habu 32 EDF

Parkflyer

Hi guys....

I thought I would try and gauge the interest or ownership of the new E-flite Habu 32?... mine arrived today, $220 for the airframe alone, yet to follow will be the fan unit, brushless motor, eight servos, receiver and ESC, :warning: a costly list!!!

I was wondering if anyone has this aircraft and more importantly what spec of the above list you used?... or did you stick to the recommended? :rules:

Here's hoping this post might generate some interest and debate.....

:feedback:.....

Reagrds.

Tony

Staff member
Wow that is a lot of plane. 80mm EDF, 8 servos and some killer 6s power. I know I can get you the ESC a little cheaper from hobbypartz. I am running a 60a hobbywing in my Edge and I love it. Get the program box. You can find the servos, but it's hard to beat JR's quality. Only other one I would suggest is Hitec that I'm running in my edge. You are going to pay for good, adn with a plane of that caliber I would suggest good if not great quality electronics. The battery you can get a lot cheaper from hobbyking USA warehouse. and hobbyparts has extentions for the servos for about $4 for 6 or something. It's cheap. I'm not sure if I would want to skimp on the motor, so I would prolly suggest to use what they suggest on the fan and motor.

Post up some pics of this beast when you can. You have me interested even though I have no runway near long enough to take off or land with such a small wing area lol.

Parkflyer

Ho Tony, my thoughts exactly with JR and if not then certainly Hitec. I think the fan and motor will be last on my list along with the battery, thank you for your offer too I may take you up on that one. It's going to be a long project over this summer and fall as finances dictate... But I will post pics along the way, she certainly is a beauty!!
I have flown a friends Parkzone Habu and she glided beautifully and was very stable, going to make sure I have many many sim hours and nerves of steel before the maiden though... Watch this space!..

Parkflyer

Just out of interest guys there is a Habu 32 EDF just been re-listed on E-Bay UK, $100 knocked off and it's FULLY ASSEMBLED!!

Item No : 120909848565

£499.00 a good deal to be honest as never flown and around £800 to build.

Parkflyer

get-attachment.jpg

Ok, ten hours into the build and although this is a ARF kit, it still has some tricky installs to contend with. I have only managed to do both aileron and flaps servos in the wings, control horns and linkages, I know have one of the wings curing in the fuselage. Altogether this is a high quality kit and the instructions are very clear and concise.

:help::thinking::thinking::help:

get-attachment.jpg

Parkflyer

Hey hey guys!!... Just found out that the Spektrum DX8 offers a "timed" servo movement... i.e: I'v programmed the Habu flaps to move slowly down over 5 seconds, and can have two positions! One for take off and one for landing, I LOVE THIS TRANSMITTER!!

:yahoo:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that was one of the reasons I decided on the DX8. Great feature but you may find 5 seconds to be a little too long. Only one way to find out lol.

murankar

Staff member
well I just bought two out of three servos I want. I wont be able to say how they are till I get them. Since you are running 8 of them you might want a slightly cheaper servo.

Looking great and huge. this thing better be flying before winter so we can see it.

Parkflyer

Small update....off to the "sunshine state" in two weeks from the UK, I have to admit that the Habu has been on financial hold until now :banghead: although I'm looking for a really good hobby store in Orlando area to purchase my EDF, motor and ESC....any suggestions guys?....
Maiden of this beauty WILL be spring 2013...(you all know we have poor weather over here!!)

Parkflyer

Ok, back from Florida Hobbies in Orlando with the motor, EDF and ESC all stock and around $230. Great service in Florida Hobbies, and friendly. Most of the build complete now and I have opted for the Turnigy Nano-Tech 5000mah 45-90c 6s Lipo, got it at a steal £50 from E-Bay. Retracts are Eflite stock and fitted, radio AR8000 Spektrum with full Telemetry.
As you will also see Hobby King scale cockpit and pilot fitted (cockpit needed a lot of Dremmel work)
Just the C of G to do now, then just a sensible flying site to find!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Photo of near completion....

image.jpg

Parkflyer

Shes looking sweet as mate. Can't wait to see the Maiden.

Thanks Lee and Tony, seriously though flying sites here in the UK are in short supply, especially a long smooth runway needed for this bird!
If found a good club nearby but they only have the typical mown farmers field, the amount if rain we have had here (18 months worth) most fields are still underwater!.. Literally.
Also I'm waiting ( for ages) for Pheonix Sim to release this model on an update, I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone the "Real Flight" direction with a sim, the Habu 32 has been on there for some time.
Watching good old You-Tube I notice she needs a long run up to take off?.... Very small, I think slightly undersized elevators?
We shall see, but as you can see... I'm in no rush baby!!

Top Bottom