General E-flite Commander

trainrider06

Hello all, I have been away, but still got my junk.....and added more junk too!
Bought a Brand new E-flight Commander airplane.....yup a fixed wing.
Well I set the AS3X up and was doing the flight control checks and a servo let go....cheap servos I discovered!
So I replaced the flaps, alirons so far and plan of changing out the rudder, stabilizer ones also.
I bought new EMax 08 analog servos for it, and am setting those up,
I believe the flaps are supposed to have some deflection or something like that??

Smoggie

The flaps would have zero deflection in normal flight. You just use them (optionally) during landing and maybe take-off. For landing you might typically use up to 45 degrees deflection, for take off less, maybe 15-30 degrees.
Most planes benefit from mixing elevator with flaps (flaps being the master and elevator the slave) so that you get a tiny bit of down elevator when you apply flaps, this stops the plane ballooning up when you apply flaps. Unless the instructions tell you how much elevator to mix then best start at zero or very close to zero mix and adjust based on flight testing.

trainrider06

Oh hell! Sorry Steve, I meant with the servos setting them up. A deflection of the servo arm off of center for normal operations. Sorry for the mixup.

Smoggie

Ahh.. ok i see what you mean.. Yes you should have the arm set back when the flaps are up so that the arm passes the 'neutral' position half way through it's travel.

Top Bottom