1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General E-flite Commander

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by trainrider06, Feb 4, 2018.

< Bombadier Dash 8 Plans Want | Adding Covering To A Balsa Build >
  1. trainrider06

trainrider06 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Airlines
    Hello all, I have been away, but still got my junk.....and added more junk too!
    Bought a Brand new E-flight Commander airplane.....yup a fixed wing.
    Well I set the AS3X up and was doing the flight control checks and a servo let go....cheap servos I discovered!
    So I replaced the flaps, alirons so far and plan of changing out the rudder, stabilizer ones also.
    I bought new EMax 08 analog servos for it, and am setting those up,
    I believe the flaps are supposed to have some deflection or something like that??

2. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The flaps would have zero deflection in normal flight. You just use them (optionally) during landing and maybe take-off. For landing you might typically use up to 45 degrees deflection, for take off less, maybe 15-30 degrees.
    Most planes benefit from mixing elevator with flaps (flaps being the master and elevator the slave) so that you get a tiny bit of down elevator when you apply flaps, this stops the plane ballooning up when you apply flaps. Unless the instructions tell you how much elevator to mix then best start at zero or very close to zero mix and adjust based on flight testing.

3. trainrider06

Blog Posts:
    Airlines
    Oh hell! Sorry Steve, I meant with the servos setting them up. A deflection of the servo arm off of center for normal operations. Sorry for the mixup.

4. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Ahh.. ok i see what you mean.. Yes you should have the arm set back when the flaps are up so that the arm passes the 'neutral' position half way through it's travel.

5. trainrider06

Blog Posts:
    Airlines
    Ahhh ok! Thank you very much Steve! As always your a great help!

< Bombadier Dash 8 Plans Want | Adding Covering To A Balsa Build >