EDF E-Flight UMX Habu DF Review & Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

E-flight Umx Habu Df Review & Maiden Flight

The moment you all have been waiting for. To know what plane I purchased with the help of my wife lol.

One day in the hobby store to get a new fuel pump, I had to walk down the isle with all of the BNF planes. One caught my eye. The UMX Habu DF. This thing just looked awesome and I wanted it. But, with the limited money that we had at the time, I put it back on the shelf and went and picked up my fuel pump. As I was walking up to the register, the wife asked me "didn't you want that plane?" :shocked:

So after a while of reading, I purchased the plane, 3 30c batteries and a charger cable (yes, you have to get a special charger cable).

First thing is first, this plane is NOT for beginners. It's fast (for it's size) and it's a "point-N-shoot" plane. You point it, and it goes there. This is a low wing EDF jet and should only be flown by intermediate+ pilots.

Pulling this plane out of the box, there is not much to it, but don't let that fool you. With the AS3X gyro, an 11,000kv brushless EDF motor, and, 2s battery, this thing is a blast. The controls at 100% are very twitchy and need expo. The manual calls for 10% Expo, but I would suggest 15-20%. On low rates, no expo is needed.

On the tarmac, this plane taxi's very well with the steerable nose wheel. If you want to hand launch it without the gear on, that is as easy as pulling the wheels off and landing in grass.

In the air, this thing will surprise you with it's size. Being an EDF, it does not have vertical capabilities, but it's quite capable of most maneuvers. Including loops, rolls, stalls and so on.

Inverted flight is a little tough since this plane is quite nose heavy. You have to hold a LOT of up elevator to hold it level while inverted. But it is do-able.

Lets get on to the video, it will help better explain this plane better than text. Enjoy and let me know what you think about it.

[video=youtube_share;UwOmtUT05To]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I can assure you, this thing scoots across the sky for it's size. It's a bit much as a first plane, but it's great if you have experience in fixed wing and even though it's a little tough, would be a good low wing EDF to start out with. Just have to remember to keep the throttle up on it. I need to get mine back out again and fly it, just not a lot of time.

Top Bottom