Chargers Dynamite Passport Duo 400W Dual AC/DC

Doum066

Greetings guys,

I just received my Dynamite Passport Duo 400W Dual AC/DC charger (DYM4300 - Passport Duo 400W Dual AC/DC Charger @ Great Hobbies )
And i do have some questions for those of you are using it, or even might have answers if not, since most balanced chargers seems to look alike.

So far my LiPos are GENS ACE 2200 MAH 3S1P 55C 11.1V (Gens Ace 2200 mAh 3S1P 55C 11.1V | RotorQuest.com - Best R/C Helicopter Source in Canada)

So even though they spec it that we can charge 1-3C recommd. and 5 maxed, i rather charge them at 1c... That each sell shouldn't get lower than 3.1-3.2 v and when story, making each cells around 3,8v.

So, i'm trying to set it up properly as using Memory locations for certain batteries, and the normal settings, but i'm missing some infos and i'm wondering what would be the settings... i know some aren't gonna be used, but while setting them up, i would like to have the right settings entered. So as it goes;

I create a Memory space for those battery;

Battery Memory #1
Type : LiPo
Batt Volts: 11,1v(3S)
Charge Current: 2,2A
Discharge current: (0,1A) ??? i'm not sure here
Discharge voltage: I'm not sure here
Temperature cut-off: (Default settings is 50c)

Normal settings without the memory:
LiPo Balance: 2,2a 11,1v (3S)
Lipo Charge: 2,2a 11,1v (3S)
LiPo Fast Charge: (not sure here)
LiPo Storage: (not sure here)
LiPo Discharge: 0,1a 11,1v(3S)????

Thanks

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Discharged current you can set to whatever Max it'll let you do... Even like 1C on the battery which is 2.2 V. But it all depends on the charger how fast it can convert that energy into heat and dissipate it. Charger will know its capabilities and regulate the current (draw) accordingly. Smaller chargers can barely discharge at .1 A and takes looong time to discharge

Discharge is used to drain the batteries down to storage voltage (3.8/ cell) from if they are at a full charge or you wanna cycle your batteries from full to 80 percent discharge and then back up to full again ... It's not used very commonly until you are breaking in bigger batteries or planning not to fly for the next 3 weeks or so .. Then put the batteries at storage charge and then the end viltage will be set to 3.8

Btw: LiPo batteries max cell (fully charged) voltage is 4.2v/cell

And .. It's just me.. If you are gonna be using 1C rating on the batteries charging, then you don't need to use this. I never use this feature... I just charge my batteries at upto 4C sometimes.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have been charging my Gens Ace 2200 mah 3S at 5 amps for almost 9 months now. They are still going strong for what I do.

Doum066

Thanks for the replies,

So current can be the same for Charge, Balance charge, Discharge and Storage, ie: 2,2a (I'm still unfamilial adn unsafe at charging LiPos, so i ratehr do 1c for now, with all the stories, it kinda scared me at first using a different charger than the small Align one that can charge 1 pack at a time and has no settings to be adjust. :))

So basicly i'l be mainly using Balance charge and if i get it right, Storage Charge which will adjust the capacity, ie: i'f i'm lower than the 3,8 v that needs to be store, it will charge it and if it's a bit over will it reduce/discharge it to set it to 3,8 or do i need to discharge it with the discharge charge options... So far i tried to storage charge one of the pack from my yesterday flight session, and the Storage Charge menu told me no charge needed since i was a little bit over 3,8v avrg/cell... but i'm curious to know if it does discharge if over what is needed... the instruction phamplet are a little bit general on these infos.

Usual i try stuff and learn, experiment... but LiPo seems to be something you don'T wanna try anything to test with. :)

Oh, fow how long can i leave a pack full charge without using it.. (freaking weather this spring is not really generous :() some say some days, others a week some, 2 weeks, some 3 weeks... anyone knows for sure how long before gaz start causing puffs or whatever reaction inactivy of a full charge cells does.....

Doum

Thanks again.

Doum066

I do have a question regarding this charger.

How should i properly use/set it up for higher rating charge. I just tried to charge for the first time one of my 2650 mAh 6s packs at 1 c (Turnigy nano-tech 2650mAh 6S 35~70C Lipo Pack) these are the lipos i have. But at 1c which is et at 2,6 amp, it takes for ever, specialy when it reaches 25v it drops to 0.1-0.2 amps to fully charge it up to it's max. of 25.20... If i wanna charge it faster, i do have 2 choice with this charger;

1- Should i use Balance Charge at 5.2 amps
or
2- Should i use Fast Charge at 5.2 amps

From what i can get reading the so call instructions is, when using Fast charge, it doesn't slow down when reaching the end cycle to blalance the cells....

The pack i tried to charge took about 1,5 hour or so to charge from about 80% left up to 97%, that's long as hell, can't imagine when i'll charge a 20-30% left pack.

For those of you who doesn't know this charger, here's the link.
Dynamite Passport Duo AC/DC Dual Battery Charger (6S/10A/200W x 2) [DYN4300] | Electric Accessories - A Main Hobbies

Top Bottom