Prop Dynam Hawksky 2.4ghz

norlan

hey all, hows everyone doing. I just got me a dynam hawksky the 2.4 ghz version. after crashing my 450 heli i been flying my airplane to kill time untill parts get here. Just got into the hobby and love it. I had a little problem with the hawksky. The ailerons didnt make the plane turn. So i had to mod it and added cardboard from a cesar box " honeynut cheerios" to extend the ailerons alittle more. that did the trick. :) :pride: :pride: But i been looking at how can i replace the stock motor that came with it. I am a newbie at this and I been reading the specs on motor. I know a 400 size motor can fix in the motor mount area, which has to be 28 mm diameter. but i cant figure out were to look in the spec of the motor to select a ESC. this is the site which is the motor i would like to buy but dont know what to look at that tell which size of esc you should get. can anyone help expane this to me please. thanks alot and i love these's forms easy to navigate. thanks tony for the site that you made. :) :anonymous: The dynam hawksky is a good plane for newbies ... Love the plane although i had to make mods on it
Exceed RC Rocket Brushless Motor 3400kv for RC Plane

Tony

Staff member
<p>That motor is made for a 2s battery. If that is what you are using, great. But, if you are wanting to use a 3s battery, then you need to get a different motor. And to answer your question, it pulls a max of about 35 amps. If it was my plane, I would get a 40a esc to run it. And there has to be a better fix for that aileron problem. Someone needs to donate one of these so that I can experiment on it lmao.</p>
<br>
<p>Don't ask me why this table dropped so far down, but it did. In it, you can see what I have highlited. This is the battery they suggest, and the amp ratings.
<table>
<tr>
<td width="181" class="bi">Item No.</td>
<td width="161">86MA68</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="181" class="bi">Net Weight (g)</td>
<td>62.49</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Watts</td>
<td>350</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="181" class="bi">diameter (mm)</td>
<td>28</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="181" class="bi">length(mm)</td>
<td>31.5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Stator(mm)</td>
<td>22*15</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">No of cells (lipo)</td>
<td>2</td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">max efficiency (%)</td>
<td>83.5%</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">max efficiency current (A)*</td>
<td>15-35A</td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">no load current (A)</td>
<td>1.8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">current capacity (A/s)</td>
<td>70A/30S</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="181" class="bi">Internal Resistance (mohm)</td>
<td>22.5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Max Voltage</td>
<td>11.1V</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Shaft Diameter (mm)</td>
<td>3.17</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Shaft Length (mm)</td>
<td>45</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Class (SIZE)</td>
<td> Rocket Series</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">KV (RPM/VOLT)</td>
<td>3400</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="181" class="bi">Turns (for cars)Poles</td>
<td>4</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Wire Size</td>
<td>0.2*16</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Bullet Connectors</td>
<td>Male</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bi">Bullet Connector Size</td>
<td>3.5*12.7</td>
</tr></table>

norlan

k thanks for the reply, i didn't notice that it said 2 cell battery. going to get a motor that runs on a 3 cells. awaiting on my 2 gyros that are in the way. going to put it on the ailerons n elevator. and going to order new motor. thanks for the info.

Tony

Staff member
No, it's ment for a 2s. The MAX voltage is 11.1, and a 3s battery will go up to 12.6. Look at what I highlited, Number of cells, 2...

Keith

That's confusing..If I saw 11.1v I would put 3c in it... If it's 2c they should put max volts 9.0v, there is no way you will get a 2c up to 11.1v...

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure that the motor will run on a 3s battery, but the life span will be quite short. The voltage is just too high for the size of the wire in the motor.

norlan

hey all i just got my parts from UPS. got free shipping from hobbypartz. :) I got my self 2 gyros, going to put it on the aielron y another on the elevator. this is the one that i got Detrum GY192 Headlock. will put it in soon and will post up pic and videos on the forms. If if put another on the rudder can you put that one on HH and the other 2 on rate mode ???

norlan

heres are a vid and pics of my mod , get my gyros tomorrow can't wait2011-08-24 18-07-19.867.jpg2011-08-24 18-08-48.174.jpg2011-08-24 18-07-29.904.jpg

2011-08-24 18-07-19.867.jpg

2011-08-24 18-08-48.174.jpg

2011-08-24 18-07-29.904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I'm not seeing why would would need those extensions. The throw on the stock ailerons is a little low. I would up the throw a little and tryit again. But, I like the look of stock lol.

norlan

I try to extended with the transmitter on the nobles, but it keeps going to one side on the stock. So I got mad and added the extendtions. I didnt want to take the servos off the wings because they came glue to it, and i notice when i turn on the transmitter the servos weren't 90 degrees on the aielrons. thats probly why. but got it working. is there a way to adjusted the servos ?? how would you do it tony ?? if you wanted to just fly stock ??

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure on that Tx, but on mine, I would center the servo arms, then adjust the travel in the Tx. But, mine is a computer radio as well. Yours may not be.

norlan

hey guys :pride: I just got my parts that i been wantting for. :) I been trying to install the gyro on my plane. A hawksky by dynam 2.4 ghz version. But I cant figure out how to put it. On a heli the gyro goes , up right with the sticker to one side. which controls the rudder on the heli. I put it on my plane in the aielron chennal. I made sure the colors on the wire match the other side also on the gyro when connected. I figure that if the gyro is upright with the sticker to the side on a heli made to control the aielron it needs to be on its back with the sticker upward., I connected it and power it up. it turn blue and all was right. One servo everything is good but the other it seens to go down on the aielron. its now aline with the wind. It didnt came with a manuel and look it up on the internet but still not that good information. Anyone know how to put the orientation on the gyro to get the aileron to work with it. also I am using a 4 channel transmitter. I had to only plug one wire and had to set the gain manuel. , since i am doing it manuel how would i know that its in rate mode and not in HH. thanks for any help and information. I will be putting up pics when i get home.

Tony

Staff member
To reverse that servo, you have to flip it over, or in this case, spin it 180*. I just woke up and have not finished the first cup of coffee, let alone the pot so I may have read your post wrong lmao.

norlan

hey tony U read the post wrong. My 2 servos that control the aielron are connected in a Y contector. from that y connector i put it in the gyro that i just bought that came from hobbypartz. and the servos is connected to the reciver. but when i power it up, the gyro turns blue, but on one servo just moves all the way down. i don't know the orientation of the gyro but i put it with the sticker face up. like laiding down but i dont know if it goes like that...

Top Bottom