450 Dynam E-razor 450 Is Back!!!

Tony

Staff member
Today, is a very good day! It may be raining, it may be chilly, but thanks to @Paulster2, my very first helicopter, the Dynam E-Razor 450 Metal Edition is back home!!! I can't thank you enough for sending this back to me Paul!

As any beginner helicopter, this one has been through its fair share of crashes. I remember the exact time that Paul set it aside after the feathering shaft came apart on it and he purchased the HK450GT. More on that one in another thread. But the Razor is missing a few parts and @Geena, I'm hoping you can help me out.

I have looked at the manual, but that was for the plastic version and you know how Chinese manuals go. So I thought I would ask someone that has another Razor in front of them (potentially).

In the head, I need to know if it is just two radial bearings that are inside the main blade grips, or if there are thrust bearings in there as well? I know I'm missing the two smaller radial bearings that go on the outside of the grips that sit against the head block (with two O-Rings in between that is), but I need to know if there is supposed to be a thrust bearing in there.

If there is not, then that is bad. If there is, then that is bad lol.

My next question for you Geena is, do you have any extra bearings, the small ones? Or do I need to purchase blade grips just to get them? The inside larger bearing is 8x3x3, the one that I need I'm guessing is 6x3x2.5. The bore in the blade grip is 6mm, the feathering shaft is 3mm, and the depth of cut for the OD is about 2.65, but I'm guessing they had it sunk in there a little bit.

Let me know. I don't really want to fly this helicopter, but I do want to get it put back together in flying condition for old time sake lol.

Geena

Staff member
I`m pretty sure there are two radials in each blade grip, but I`m not 100% on that. I do have extra bearings, and a shload of other parts for it. If you want them, I`ll box them up and send it all too you. Helicopter too. I don`t need it. So If you can use this stuff...it`s all yours.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
My pleasure to get it back to you. I hope you can get it put back together again. The last time I (tried to) fly it, I crashed it pretty bad, as you can tell. This was what influenced me to give up on it and build the 450 knockoff. The head on the Dynam completely blew apart. I know it's missing the bearings. If I were you, I'd get a new complete head if you can find it. There's also (as I know you've figured out) a lot of extra parts along with it. Hopefully the five extra sets of 325 blades (I think that's what size they are) will be useful.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Sorry for how bad of shape it's in ... hopefully everything else I sent you makes up for it :eek:)

Tony

Staff member
Bro, no worries on the condition. I never expected to see this thing again. Just some sentimental value to it being my first heli lol. I was going to send you an email and let you know I got it, but started working on more video editing, then making dinner and just now got back on the computer. And you are here lol. Again, I can't thank you enough! I don't know that I will ever fly the Razor, but the SE V2 is definitely going in the air. Man I miss mine lol.

Geena, no need to send me your helicopter. That was your first as well, and I can't take your first helicopter lol. The parts on the other hand are something we can discuss. Maybe, just maybe I will put the Razor in the air if I can get it back together. That 3mm feathering shaft worries me though with the M2 bolts. Half a mil wall thickness on a head spinning those blades... Yea lol.

The only thing I have really looked at was the grips. I have not even pulled the canopy off of it yet. the SE V2 looks great though. As for the damage on the Razor Paul, it's not really all that bad. Just some missing parts from a crash which happens. No worries and again, can't thank you enough!

Stambo

A friend of mine had one of these things and promptly crashed it on it's maiden.
Sat around for a long time and then he finally gave it to me with all the parts to repair it.
It turned out that a faulty or poorly set up gyro was the main cause of the crash, I fitted a new one.
Setting it up with the original Tx was a right pain in the you know where as someone had messed with all the switches.
I eventually got it flying but it was not nice and I was really not happy giving it back to him.
Sense prevailed and a Turnigy 9x made it much more flyable.
He never even tried, it was promptly sold, never to be seen again. :D

Tony

Staff member
Yea, it was not the best helicopter of the day, but it did teach me what I needed to learn. And the Tx setup, what a pain in the butt that is. Not sure if I'm going to put a Tx on this one even though Paul was kind enough to send the original FM Tx back with it lol.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
If I remember correctly, the FM Tx/Rx may not be working very well anymore. The other one I sent you is by far better, but nothing I'd write home about. It works pretty well for a cheap multi-channel Tx/Rx. You'll have to do some videos of the clone if you get it in the air. I'm sure you'll have a lot better luck with it than I did. Hopefully you found the cage (don't know what you call it) for it. I was going to try and get the main part of the heli stabilized, but it didn't come to fruition. It'll be worth sending it to you to see it flying. :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I never asked you how everything came through the shipping mill? Both boxes arrived? Everything look in good shape (no shipping mishaps)?

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the cage". But the HK450GT will definitely go into the air. I miss my helicopter a LOT lol. There is just something about that design and how it flies that I really like. The Razor... I may or may not put it in the air. Last time I tried to "fly" that one, I had no idea what I was doing. Might be interesting to see what it is like now that I have a little experience lol.

As for the FM Tx, That thing is hard as hell to setup. One dial sets the max pitch, the other has something to do with collective or maybe not lol. I can't remember. I just know that the FM Tx won't be on it for me to fly it. Too many things can go wrong with it.

And the brown box was partially opened. The only thing in there was the 3 Tx's. So if you had more in there, it didn't make it. The heli box made it just fine, just made a mess with the Styrofoam balls everywhere. My wife wanted to thank you for that one hahahahaha.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Styrofoam balls? I didn't put any styrofoam balls in with the helis. And yes, only the three Tx's in the brown box. The heli box had all the spare parts in it, IIRC. The cage I'm talking about is the small metal part which has the two bearings in it. This is what the main shaft goes up through and stabilizes it. It goes pretty much at the heart of the HK450GT. I believe this is actually an Align part, but don't remember for sure. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt the 450GT to have it installed.

Tony

Staff member
You had the styrofoam sheets in the heli box, and in shipping it rubbed the individual balls off. So when I was pulling stuff out, those little electrostatically charged balls were sticking to everything lol.

And yes, now I know what you are talking about. That is actually a Tarot part and it is used to keep the main bearings perfectly in line with each other, and it does add some stiffness to the frame. I think I have another one floating around here somewhere that I never got the change to install lol. But since this one was sent with this helicopter, it will definitely be going on.

And yes, there will be videos. I'm so far behind on videos it's not even funny, and the bottom is about to fall out of this weather here in Oklahoma. Today is the last "good" day I have. Time for some more planning...

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Gotcha on the styrofoam now ... e-gads ... yah, that'd make a mess. Please pass my apologies to your wife (Shauna [sp], right?) Been a while since I said hello, so please pass that along as well !

Tony

Staff member
So I have been thinking about this helicopter the past couple of days. I'm really thinking about seeing if I can get it back in the air just the way it was when I purchased it. I think that would be cool to have my first helicopter air worthy again. Might just do a live stream on repairing it and getting it ready, not sure how I'm going to do it yet. Suggestions welcome!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Tony. That's great that you still have your first heli. If you still have all the parts to get it back together again and you can find the time to do it... that would be neat to make a video of the build as you go.

Tony

Staff member
I do have many of the parts, but I'm going to need to get some head parts somehow. I think most of them are no longer available in most places, but hopefully I can get it going again. I do know it is not going to fly worth a crap compared to like my Align 450, mainly because it will have plastic servos (I think that is what it has) and a very cheap gyro, just the way it came.

Tony

Staff member
I'm definitely going to need the luck. Off the top of my head, I can't even remember where I put all of the spare parts lol.

Top Bottom