450 Dynam 450 E-Razor Heli 2.4 ghz version metal head and tail rotor head

norlan

hey guys, I just bought my new heli 450 model from dynam. the 2.4 ghz version
I had a couple trys flying, buy like all newbies i ended up crashing. I had to repair
the fathering shaft, the flybar, tail boom, the belt gear and swash plate.
Not bad for first crash :) but I repair it all, I just finish making a test run.
All smooth, but the only thing is that it wouldnt take off. throttle all the way up and
it wouldn't go up. Also i had to put in a new main shaft and had to remove all the head
gear, what do i need to do next to fix this ??
Do i have to set the pitch with the gauge ? since i removed the head and the swash plate ??
would like any info that could be helpful, also if theres a video on how i can do this.
just started the hobby and got hook like a fish in the pon. :) well hope to get a answer from
anyone good flying guys

Tony

Staff member
Make sure your mainshaft is not upside down. I don't think you can install it like that, but worth checking. Is there anyway you can get us a video of moving the awash all the way up and down? Make sure to unplug the motor. And, good pics will also help. That way we can check the links.

norlan

K i will put the pics on when i get home, also a video of the wash plate, ... I also check the main shaft before i put it in
to see if it was in the correct way, it seems well but will make sure again and take pictures also thanks for the reply. :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
After having to replace the main shaft in my own E-Razor 450, I know there is no way to install it upside down and still have everything even come close to working. Not that I have a clue what your issue may be, especially if you didn't change anything with the electronics. You can always adjust the pitch curve to bring the pitch in sooner ... but on the other hand, you probably don't want to listen to me as I'm about as new at all of this as you are!! :biggrin1:

zapster

Did you mess with any of the pitch or throttle curves? i have the E Razor 450 2.4 also and will help any way i can.I screwed mine up buy just trying to change it not from a crash and had to reset the program mode to factory default twice.Tony can help with just about any helicopter prob XHeli has pretty good tech support also.
zapster your fellow RC Help junior member

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Tell us what your Pitch and Throttle curves are and we can go from there. I think mine are about dialed in, but could probably use some tweaking. You are right, Tony has me about setup right. I put a T6 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx on my ERazor 450, as well as some T-Pro 9g MG servos. All of this has taken some tweaking to get it at least flyable. I have crashed mine several times, LOL! I am getting there though. One of these days I'll be proficient at hovering. When I get through beating this heli to death (ie: rebuilding it until I can either fly or get tired of it), I will prolly buy a larger, newer, nicer, better one. Lots of fun!!

Tony

Staff member
I just thought of something to check, adn this is why I wanted the picture. Make sure the links going to the blade grips are on the short side of the mixing arms. The links from the swash to the mixing arms should be on the long side of the mixing arms. Let us know if this helps.

norlan

2011-06-26 22-24-42.836.jpg2011-06-26 22-24-52.619.jpg
hey I was able to take these pic, i wanted to ask on the swash plate the 4 linkage arms that goes to the rotor head does that have to be put in any order or they just goes on anyway when you put them back on ? I didn't touch the pitch on the TX meter. I just replace all new tail boom tail belt gear main shaft new metal swah plate, the bar for the peddles and new blades. On the main shaft does it have to have a little play to move up and down on the main shaft with the colars because i put mines tight and it does not have play to move. I think when i remove the clamps set i must of moved the linkage arms to the clamps, maybe i need to set the pitch with the gauge also i forgot to add that when i got the heli out of the box the servo arms were not align 90 degrees, like the ones that i see on youtube videros, i didnt do anything to them and they are still like that should i change that ?

2011-06-26 22-24-42.836.jpg

2011-06-26 22-24-52.619.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Those pics are really hard to see. But, I think all of the links are on correctly, not sure though. The 4 links on the swash (mixing arm links, and radius arm links) don't have to go on the swash in any special way. And, the servo arms should be at 90* to the links at mid stick in idle up. Not at low stick. I think a video of you moving the stick up and down and watching the swash is what we need to do.

norlan

full stick.jpgmid stick.jpgdown stick.jpgHey tony i put in more pics and the video of the idle up with the motor disconnected. It looks to me like one of the blades does rotate. Just one is moving the pitch up. In my repairs i had to replaced the feathering shaft. what do you recommend ?? The servos looks good that they go up and down. and they are center at middle stick. well hope to get a feed back from you guys thanks for the help, and also this is a good site tony. It helps out alot for the newbie heli out there.

full stick.jpg

mid stick.jpg

down stick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

norlan

Also i forgot to add all the linkages are right, all connect good just the clamp that wouldn't move the pitch ??

Tony

Staff member
If you hold your feathering shaft, both of the blades will pivot. That one blade grip is a little tight it looks like, but should be fine. It also looks like you can put a little more positive pitch into it before it binds. But, you will want to check all of this with a pitch gauge before you put more pitch in it. If you have not done so already, get a pitch gauge, and make sure you are at 0* of pitch at mid stick. Then, check your pitch at full and low stick. You should be at least 8* if not 10*. If you are a little low on positive pitch, you can adjust your travel adjustment to gain a little more.

Did you mess with any of the throttle or pitch curves? When you installed the new main shaft and gear, did you pull up on the head and tighten the collar so there is no up and down play in the main shaft?

norlan

K, I am going to try to loosen that one blade that is not pitching. because when i am checking the pitch the flybar moves has well. Yes i got a pitch gauge, will try to adjust and put up the numbers. thanks alot tony for your info and help

Tony

Staff member
No, do not losen the blade grip. If you do, you are just asking for a blade to come flying off. Like I said, it will work it's self out. Everythign on teh helicopter should be tight. Just hold the flybar level when you are checking the pitch, and adjust the pitch gauge to find out what the pitch is. The flybar moving and not one of the links is not a sign of something wrong, it's a sign of a very free flybar.

norlan

K, I was reading a post the on a other 450 heli had the same problem, and it was that the spindle/ pin was bent, i put alpart everything and put a little baby oil on the fearthing shaft and o-rings. it still does the same thing will leave it like it is, and going check the pitch with the gauge. whats the spindle on the heli, can't fine the part in the manuel ?

norlan

Did you mess with any of the throttle or pitch curves? When you installed the new main shaft and gear, did you pull up on the head and tighten the collar so there is no up and down play in the main shaft?

I forgot to answer you question, I didn't touch non of the throttle or pitch curves, what i did I put in the main shaft and yes there is no up and down play on the main shaft and the collar are tight. should the main shaft have a little play ???

Tony

Staff member
Nope, it shouldn't have any play in it. If yours doesn't have play, then you are good there. And can you link me to the post that you are talking abou that pin? I'm not quite sure what pin that is off hand.

Tony

Staff member
I was just watching your video again, and it looks like your servos are just above level when you are at full stick. At mid stick, the servo arms should be 90* to the link. They look in the video to be really low.

Top Bottom