Spektrum DXe

JB_Orchidguy

Many of you know I'm a noob when it comes to radios and flying in general. One thing I was worried about was the ability to do multiple different models and such. I wanted to be able to let my kids fly a trainer and not break the bank buying electronics for the three planes I want to build. So I started asking and reading. Then I learned about the Phoenix flight sim and was asking about that. Want to be able to learn to land these things easily. As I was looking at horizon I found the package deal for Phoenix and the spektrum DXe. Got to reading and I can easily save the profiles to my smartphone and load different profiles via the app. Has anyone used the DXe? It's a 6 channel. Just doesn't have all the bells and whistles the others have, but it has an app! My phone is always on my hip and a cord is easy to toss in with everything. It just adds $30 to the price of the Phoenix sim and has the cord and everything.

So how is it as an entry level radio?

Tony

Staff member
I honestly would just get the sim by itself and get a Tx that you will use for at least a couple years to come. The best investment I have made in this hobby was my first DX8. Now I'm on the DX9 and absolutely love it. Shouldn't have to upgrade for quite a while. As for the DXe, I have never had my hands on it.

JB_Orchidguy

I totally understand where you're coming from. The issue is I really want the sim. I can't justify buying the sim and a nice radio to the wife at once. So the theory is get the sim with the DXe so I can start practicing right away since it is only an additional $30 vs $60 when purchased separately. When I outgrow the DXe the kids can still use it and hopefully by that time they will be solo flying. Then When I do get a nice radio I can fly with the kids at the same time. Sometimes its all in having to work it. LOL

Top Bottom