Spektrum dx9 lock out access

holtneil

Hi if you set up a switch wrong so you cant start the dx9 like i did lol , just press and hold CLEAR and BACK and while you have them pressed turn on it will say raw data then the main screen will come up so you can change the mistake

vimy

Hi if you set up a switch wrong so you cant start the dx9 like i did lol , just press and hold CLEAR and BACK and while you have them pressed turn on it will say raw data then the main screen will come up so you can change the mistake

Hello Neil, can you remember the sequence of programming steps that caused the DX9 to get her knickers in a knot?

This might be a bug that you can report to Spektrum for them to correct in a future software update.

holtneil

HI guys it was my mistake i managed to get all 3 settings on the gyro as a warning so i locked my self out , could had kicked my self , the manual does not tell you how to get in so i tried many times till if found what buttons needed to be held when powering up , all i will say is check recheck before you exit programming mode , the dx9 is a gorgeous transmitter and can do so much like run servos slow for retracts etc , it will do more than i will every use it for

vimy

Hello Neil,

Thanks for updating us. I still think is sounds like a bug and not your fault, Neil. You would think the DX9 would not have allowed you to get into that situation in the first place.

What you did to programme it was quite reasonable, that all 3 gyros set off the same warning if any of them failed. The DX9 should have just prevented you from doing it, not kick it's owner out sulk.

It still might be an idea to let Spektrum know anyway and to modify their DX9 manual so that it tells a user how to reset it.

Thanks for the reset sequence I'll write it in the back of my manual.

pvolcko

I agree. The programming in the radio should prevent you from programming startup warnings on all positions of a switch. There must be one position that is "safe".

holtneil

Hi guys i never saw it that why untill you said it, there should be a part of the program that will not let you select all 3 stages of the switch , i bet spektrum never thought any one do it lol

vimy

Hi guys i never saw it that why untill you said it, there should be a part of the program that will not let you select all 3 stages of the switch , i bet spektrum never thought any one do it lol

Hello Neil, I fully understand why you thought of programming the way you did, but, the software didn't share the same sentiments and promptly threw you out.

Excellent Neil, you have found a bug in the system that needs correcting by the programmers. Here is the place to contact Horizon Hobbies:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/About/ContactUs.aspx

Just be sure to explain the sequence that you did to achieve the system lockout and that you had to find out for yourself how to get back in. The unlock/reset sequence wasn't in the manual. I had a look myself and I couldn't find it either.

Regards

Top Bottom