Spektrum DX9 help

Radioflyer

I'm in the process of trying to set up pitch curves on my DX9. First I haven't been able to assign the curves to a 3 position switch. and second the little 3 section box with N 1 2 disappeared, and just one box with N in it appeared.
I love these radios but some times I wish I was a little more intuitive or the radio program was. At this point I don't know what to do. Any one have any similar problems they would mind sharing a solution with?
Thanks
RF

Tony

Staff member
What model type are you on? Airplane, helicopter, glider or quad? I will see if I can get a video shot real quick as this is not the first time this has come up.

Tony

Staff member
Cool, I will setup a model for a helicopter in my Tx and see if I can get a video made for you. It's going to be a bit though.

Tony

Staff member
Along with model type as Steve just stated, you also need to go into the F-Mode setup in the System Setup menu (push the roller and turn the Tx on to get there or with the Tx on, scroll down to System Setup after pushing the roller). In the F-Mode setup screen, I'm going to guess that your Switch 1 is set to Inhibit. Just select that switch and move the switch that you want to use. This will get your flight modes back in the throttle curve menu.

But again, this is on helicopter.

I thought it was something different which is why I was going ot make a video. But I came out here to the studio and it wasn't what I was thinking it was.

Radioflyer

I got it set to heli.
RF

- - - Updated - - -

ok Tony I did go into F-mode and followed your directions. But how was I going to know that Ive been sleeping with the manual for a week and didn't se any thing that directed me to that solution .
Randy

Tony

Staff member
So that did solve your issue? Sometimes, things are not in the manual. Another thing that would have helped here is to create a new model. By default, the Switch 1 position is set to the usual F-Mode switch (top left) but Hold is turned off. I highly suggest turning Hold on in that same menu. ,

Radioflyer

I started this program by creating a new model. and have hold programed in on switch H upper right and back. And was trying to set up some pitch curves when this problem cropped up... for some reason it never occurred to me that I had to go to a different part of the programing to set up some thing in another part of the program some where else. and hold is on the F-mode program along with the switch for Pitch C.
I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna find more stuff that I Ill have a problem with. They manual has a few gaps to the first time user.
Thanks Randy

Tony

Staff member
You are right about that. If you do run into any other issues, just post up and we will surely help you out. ,

Radioflyer

I still have stuff to figure out about the pitch curve. And then Ill have to deal with throttle curves. and idle up or stunt 1 stunt 2. Ive more or less programed dual rates ..... but the pitch and throttle cures are taking me a bit of time .

Smoggie

The good news is that once you have set up the basic 'bones' of a heli setup with all the switches where you want them and working as intended you can save that setup as a template for any future helis. So next time it will be MUCH easier. All you then have to do in the Tx for a new heli is adjust servo directions to suit the different mechanics and pretty much you are done.

Believe it or not but the Spektrum setup is about the easiest and most intuitive out there. If you were trying this on some transmitters by now you would probably have stomped on the heli and threw the Tx out of the window!

Radioflyer

"If you were trying this on some transmitters by now you would probably have stomped on the heli and threw the Tx out of the window"
That's still an option.
Some time I bite off more than I can chew...... and the more you chew the bigger it gets!
Now I'm struggling with Throttle and pitch curves. But the good news is I changed somethings in the ESC so I could run either 2s or 3s batteries in this heli and run less aggressive RMP's to make this little heli more user friendly.
And now have to figure out how to use the resulting percentages in the pitch and throttle cures. All this while learning a new radio.
Thanks
RF

Eggy 71

I just picked up a DX 9 for a screaming deal. Setting it up doesn't seem too bad but 1 thing has me stumped. In fooling around trying different things I set up 2 timers on on model. Now I can't erase either one . I'm stuck with both timer 1&2 in the main menu display. Anyone know how to make a timer disappear?

Radioflyer

Jump on in here Eggy I wouldn't mind seeing this thread turn into the DX9 help thread. I like the answer to your question myself.
RF

Smoggie

Eggy,

The timers have a 'mode' setting. if you adjust the mode setting for timer 2 to 'inhibit' then that timer is turned off.

Eggy 71

Great. Thanks, I thought it should be simple. You get into one of those ruts going everywhere looking for it when it's right in front of you.

Top Bottom