Spektrum DX9... anyone?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I had to do it, picked up a DX9 last week. Anyone know it fairly well yet? I have some questions. I have 3 models transferd over to it and have flown the all. Really like it. On one model in the throttle curve menue I have N-1-2 then H for hold. On another model I only have N-1-2 and no H for hold. I had to set up throttle cut for the hold to work. Hope this makes sense, anyhow I assume it's something I did different when setting up but I'm a bit baffled. I know it's new and most are still learning also but never hurts to ask
T

Tony

Staff member
If it's anything like the DX8, then you will have to go into the flight mode menu and turn Hold on and assign a switch to it. Any time you create a new model in the DX8 (helicopter) that is what you must to every time to get throttle hold.

pvolcko

Yes, it is similar to the DX8. When you are setting up the model, there is a screen where you assign a switch for flight mode (normal-1-2) as well as a possible second flight mode switch (I think you can setup models with up to 7 flight modes, including hold, useful for gliders and larger airplanes so you can have ground, takeoff, a flight mode or two or three, landing, etc. modes), as well as for hold. Assign a hold switch and it should work as you expect.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ill check that. Quite a surprise when you flip the T H switch in flight and nothing happens. But I knew it was me. Thanks guys!

BOKI

fran11784; Got a DX9 & just love it so far ! Old Rc guy & I are learning it together & buddy box a DX8 ! He really likes it also ! Good luck Flying !

vimy

It's a good transmitter, excellent quality, but I wish there was an over-riding volume control for the audible alarm.

Every time you change a model, the beeping sound is back to it's default volume. That's OK for the field, but not so good at night in the home.

Happy with it otherwise. From a technical point of view, I like the diversity antennas for both horizontal and vertical polarity signal.

It could have done with a USB socket as well as the SD card slot. It would have provided a more elegant solution for updating rather than having to transfer files to an SD card first, then plug that into TX for updating. Since the DX9 is a new model, it seems like an obvious thing to include.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Vimy, thanks for reporting this post. The double posting is a known issue that I"m working on right now. I will be making some changes later on today that I'm hoping will help. So don't worry about the double posts. If we see them, we will edit the post and delete one of them. Again, thanks for looking out.

Admiral

Had my DX9 since the first release last year, love it, I agree with Vimy that USB would have been nice, but if I had to list a complaint the case show too many finger prints is about as big as I can find LOL

Derek

Had my DX9 since the first release last year, love it, I agree with Vimy that USB would have been nice, but if I had to list a complaint the case show too many finger prints is about as big as I can find LOL

Yeah, the front cover on my DX8 show's the fingerprints, too. The fingerprints don't hinder the functionality, of course, but it just looks bad.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've noticed the price of the DX9 has gone up to $449. Wonder why?? Also see that the DX18 now has voice, or has it always? Agree a USB would be nice for updating too.

pvolcko

DX18 ha been getting updates to the latest voice features since the DX9 came out.

They bumped the price either because they realized they created a pretty dramatic imbalance in their transmitter pricing vs features scheme or the initial $399 was an introductory price.

Top Bottom