Spektrum Dx8 won't turn on with buddy plug.

Karubah

Just watched Mountaindudes How To on the buddy setup. It struck me that when I was trying to get my TX to work with Pheonix sim , when I plugged in the jack it did not switch on the TX. Should the TX switch on as soon as you plug a jack into the buddy socket?

Derek

I don't know "for certain" if the DX8 will turn on when you plug in the Phoenix cable. I still haven't setup my DX8 for the Phoenix Sim. I'm still using my DX6i on the Phoenix Sim, but my DX6i does turn on (without switching the power switch "on") when I plug in the Phoenix cable. I know that Tony uses his DX8 on his Phoenix Sim and if I had to guess...I would imagine that the DX8 would turn on when when you plug in the Phoenix cable. My DX8 turns on when I am using the Buddy Box cable, so that weird that yours doesn't. I'm sure that Tony will respond to this thread when he gets online.

Karubah

I undid the back of the TX and tested the back of the jack socket and found the + pin and checked for current to the other 5 pins and nothing with the jack out. I then plugged in the jack and got the same response. It seems as though I have a faulty socket as I should get power to at least 1 pin. I hope you can buy the socket as sending it back to the sore for repair could take weeks and I do want to keep flyingand it's not something that I need to use at this time.

It's a 3.5mm female stereo jack isn't it? Should just be straight out of Jaycar or something similar. If it's just the socket

Westy

LEGEND
is there some setting that turns to port on and off? I am not sure ..... I know some Tx's have Trainer on and off funcions.... TONY? anyone?

Karubah

The socket is soldered into a circuit board with 6 little pins so trying to find one off the shelf could be hard. I have contacted spektrum to see if they will send me a new socket under warranty as its only 3 months old. No wonder I could not get it to work on Pheonix sim,I thought it was just me not setting it up properly. It would be great to use a proper TX on the sim..lol

Im going to make an assumption and say you've got the usb cable that it's meant to have, and you have that all set up properly?
When you fire up the Tx in the settings mode, scroll down to the trainer selection, I know mine is set on inhibit, and works first go every time.

Karubah

Yes the correct set up was done . It's definitely a bad socket. With a jack inserted there is no current flow. Tested it with live power and by measuring resistance.

Karubah

The cable works as I use it with the T 6 TX on the sim. I don't know if I explained it very well above but I tested the socket by hooking up the battery, it actually supplies power direct to the socket so that when you plug in the jack it completes a circuit and powers up your TX. So by checking for current on the back of the socket you can find your power +. With the jack plugged in you should get power out of the socket to your TX. It's not doing this. Checked by putting another jack in, same result. Oh we'll these thins happen, I will wait on the reply back from Spektrum.

Top Bottom