Spektrum DX8 to DX9 model transfer

bbj

Is there an easy way to transfer models from my DX8 to my new DX9? When I manually put in the data from my Trex500 which I am still setting up, my settings for the servos are not the same such as reverse direction and motion control. Are there other fields in the DX9 that I need to look at or change? I also added a 9020 receiver instead of just using the 3GS unit to allow me to access true DSMX mode.

Lee

I don't have a DX9, but can't you just copy your models to the SD card and stick it in the DX9 and paste.
I may be completely wrong, but thought it worth mentioning.

Lee

Strange that two radios from the same manufacturer wouldn't be compatible with SD cards.

Just checked online. Its not possible. You have to do it manually.

Tony

Staff member
They have different info within the files. so unfortunately you can't just swap them over.

I'm still working on learning the DX9 and when I get done, I will be uploading videos on how to set all of this up. I know it doesn't help you now, and I would love to grab my helicopter and my DX9 annd help you out, but i have to get up at 0200 in the morning. Remind me fi you have not figured it out Friday or the weekend and I will make it a priority to dig into this and find you some answers.

bbj

I was talking with some friends at my local club and was told I need to re set up my DX9 with my trex as if it was the first time the trex and transmitter were setup. Thus its take off the head, orient the servo directions, fine tune the arms to 90 and redo the trims, etc with my 3GS in DIR mode and then redo the tail setup as well. Will work on this today.

Admiral

I converted all of mine manually as I purchased it when they were first released, however now some conversion tools are available for DX7 & DX8 to DX9 & DX18

I have not needed to use them myself so can not guarantee how well they work.

bbj

Finally got the DX9 setup with my Trex 500pro. The new transmitter seems to work even better than the old DX8 with regards to finer tuning of the servos or it could be just my imagination. I had to change some hard linkage also for the swash and a better 0 degree linkage change for the blades at 50in 50 out pitch. But now both blades are at 0 and almost the same degrees in both directions. I love this new DX9.

Tony

Staff member
I as well really like the DX9. I should be shooting some videos on setting up a helicopter (or two) with teh DX9 this weekend. Can't wait. It's going to be beautiful weather to be outside, even if the wind is going to be too high to actually fly.

bbj

I saw some place but can't remember where on how to add the 6th and 7th point % for the Throttle curve or Pitch curve. Does anyone know how to do this? Was thinking it would smooth out my curves better to create first smoother spool up and then better performance when flying in either 1 or 2. I don't plan to fly in normal but want control of getting the rpms up gradually while in normal.

Admiral

Select Throttle Curve
Increase Throttle to where you want the new point, Add Point should appear at bottom of screen.
Select Add Point and press Roller
Then Adjust point in normal way.

To remove point is similar just increase/decreas throttle until you over the point you want to remove.

Reactions: bbj

Tony

Staff member
Thanks again Keith for posting this.

BBJ, the best option for a smooth spool up is to get a good ESC with a good soft start. Then, you can run a flat 100% curve in all modes (just used as an example) and kill it with Throttle Hold. It will spool up smooth every time. One of the cheap but better ones that people are using is the YEP ESC's. I didn't have luck with the one that I had, but I do plan on giving them another chance if/when I get another 450. ,

Tony

Staff member
That one should already have a great slow start if it's an align esc. Might need to grab the manual and program it. It's pretty simple once you learn how the menus work.

butch

Is there an easy way to transfer models from my DX8 to my new DX9? When I manually put in the data from my Trex500 which I am still setting up, my settings for the servos are not the same such as reverse direction and motion control. Are there other fields in the DX9 that I need to look at or change? I also added a 9020 receiver instead of just using the 3GS unit to allow me to access true DSMX mode.

Admiral

Not sure if your saying you have the same problem, but the answer is no you are better off doing it manually, DX9 to DX9 black and NX10 no issues.

Meerkat

DX9 Manual page 24. Done a "Export/Import Models" between a DX8e and a DX9 without any problems. Although it was fixed wing models.

Top Bottom