Spektrum dx8 move one gimble all servos move on heli

wolfman76

Here is the issue i think i had the same issue on my dx6 but for the life of me can't remember how it was fixed.... All servos move with one gimble movement i have the TX bound to the MSH brain with one satellite... have done most of the setup on the computer but still having this problem i know should be easy fix but having brain fart moment HELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Westy

LEGEND
how have you got your Radio set?

120º 3 servo or 90º single .... try it the other way and see if that works.

wolfman76

It is 3 servos 120° it was was setup as ccpm 120° on the dx6 also and didn't do this

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
yep ... I think your are correct Wolfman.... I had the same issue with 3GX as the chinglish instructions would tell you to set up your radio on single 90 ... and that made all my cyclic servos do strange things.... then I switched to 3 servo 120º and all came into the fold!

I love chinglish!!
Nearly all our manuals are written in chinglish..... should try and work out the parts breakdown sometimes!! hahaha
All good glad you guys got it sorted

wolfman76

Have not had a chance to mess with it yet but it its doing this with it already in 3 servo 120°

wolfman76

ok here is a brief video showing what it is doing hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
First of all in your tx. You have to pick 1 servo 90 degrees! I know, I know just do it! Now in your ikon setup menu is where you pick 3 servos 120. Plus it wants to know if the elevator is in the front or back. Then it s a mater of reversing the servos in the ikon menu till you get them right. First thing I would do is do a model reset in the tx. Start fresh. Like I said set the swatch menu to 1 servo 90 in the tx. Then start up your ikon software and go step by step. This is not like setting up a gyro! An ikon is a flight controller! You have to go step by step through the set up software. There is servo reversing in the software. It took me two weekends to figure out mine! Lol. Read every direction that pops up in the software. Also you have to learn to think like a chinaman! Lol.

wolfman76

Lol thanks Sam wonder why it has to be 1 servo 90° unlike a normal setup... Is it because the 3 servo 120° is set in the controller?

wolfman76

Ok like Sam said it is all new to me also it sets up completely different then what i am use to... Going to connect it and try it out in a few seconds.

Lee

Normally the radio does the mixing for you, which is why you set it to 120º Swash mix. But with a FBL system, all the mixing is done internally, so it doesn't need any mixing done in the radio. Its not always the case, but mostly.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes the ikon is not a gyro so to speek. It a flight controller. More safisticated! Lol most of the setup will be in the ikon software. That's where you pick the 3 servo 120 elevator front or back. Set your end points and reverse. Your servos.

wolfman76

Ok that explains allot thought i was doing something wrong... Well i did but you know what i mean... Lol

Westy

LEGEND
My 3Gx behaved the exact same way when I set it up for a single .... when it should have been on 3x 120º in the Tx .... yours is the opposite single 90 on hte Tx and h3 or 3x120 on the FBL controller (not a simple gyro as is jam packed with features)

Top Bottom