Spektrum DX8 Idle Up Switch

pavotibio

Hi Guys. It´s been a while. Guess the first year after becoming a parent leaves you little time to do anything else, uh?
Anyways. I accidentally broke the idle up switch on my DX8, bought the spare part (on-off-on) and replaced it. I took a picture of the wiring color code to not make any mistake. Thing is that nothing happens when I switch to the idle up 2 position. I opened the TX again and tried other wire combinations but nothing. It works as if it were a 2 position switch. I about to give up.
Has anyone here had the same problem? Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

Olafo

pvolcko

Sorry friend. I replaced a 3 pos switch in the Dx9 without issue. Should be three wires going to it. Careful not to cross any posts with solder or stray wires. Sounds like you don't have a clean connection on the second position post.

pavotibio

Hi Paul, thanks for replying. I was very careful when soldering the wires. They aren't in contact nor close to each other. I am breaking my head trying to figure out what is causing this. I think I'm gonna use the rudder D/R toggle to give it one more try.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again

Olafo

Lee

Here is a picture of my DX8 with the back off, if it helps.
I have replaced these switches before with no issues.
Should be red orange brown
Check the wires haven't come loose from the other end on the little PCB

GOPR0812.jpg

GOPR0812.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I don't think you can use an on/off/on switch. I think you just need a standard 3 position switch.

pavotibio

Lee, Tony, thanks for the answers. I am gonna check the other end of the wires to see everything is fine.
Tony, the stock switch does say on-off-on on one side. The one I got is also a 3 position one.

Tony

Staff member
I didn't know that. But if it says it on teh stock switch, then that should be how the new one is. Thanks for the correction. ,

pavotibio

Hi Dirk, I bought a bag with switches. I don´t think all of them are faulty. Only thing left to check is the wires at the circuit board.

pavotibio

Nope, not yet. I have been out of town these last month.
I'll open it again to check the wires at the board. I´ll keep you all posted.
Cheers

pavotibio

Hi guys. I finally figured out what the problem with the Idle mode switch was. After having to create a new model for a heli I saw that both flight modes were working........and it hit me. All the models I had in my TX had been imported from my old DX7S, which only has Normal and Idle up modes, therefore, Idle Up 2 mode wasn´t recognized in the DX8. I never imagined it was so simple. Guess u never stop learning new stuff.
Cheers

Top Bottom