DX8 How-To Pt. 7, A Look Inside The Case

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Dx8 How-to Pt. 7, A Look Inside The Case

In this video, I give you a look inside the Spektrum DX8. Some people need a visual look at what they are doing to get a better understanding of what's going on in there. There is no need to take the Tx apart when doing any adjusting of the sticks or modes, but this will help you better understand what is going on rather than just looking through small holes.

[video=youtube_share;bWobptDQ3FU]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

callsign4223

Staff member
Wow, that's a lot more pcb than the dx6i.

Thanks for the inside look, the stick tension video makes a lot more sense now that I can visualize how it's all working inside.

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly why I made this one. I was going to just pass on it since people can do everything from the outside but thought I would toss it in there.

And yes, there are a lot more PCB's in this one, but there are also a lot more switches, plus the SD card and the back lit display and so on. All in all, it's just like the DX6i.

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Tony thanks .... one thing I have never been able to understand.... actually it was an idea I had today .... instead of having the sd card ...

Why not simply add blue tooth functionality and plug a USB dongle into a computer and interface with the models that way .... just an idea.

Tony

Staff member
It would be nice if we could do that, however it's just not in the programming at this time. Wish it was though.

Westy

LEGEND
wonder if any Tx manufacturer has done this? the Technology has been out now for 13 years, you would have thought it would have happened.

Lee

Very nice Tony,
I will have to do that to change out my broken switch, when i find a replacement.

Tony

Staff member
Most electronics stores will have switches that work. Not sure what all you have around you though.

garywclark71

Thanks for the inside look. Good to see before I take mine apart and change out the trim buttons and roller button with the CNC ones that I ordered.

Tony

Staff member
It's actually pretty simple inside the case. A lot like the DX6i, just a few more boards and switches lmao. If you need any help, you know where to find us.

Top Bottom