DX8 How-To Pt 2 System Settings Menu

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Dx8 How-to Pt 2 System Settings Menu

When you get your DX8, the first thing you should do is go into the system Setup Menu and make it your own. In this video I show you exactly how to do this. One thing I forgot to include is in the battery menu within the setup menu, you can only adjust the warning and not the actual battery type. The DX8 will automatically adjust for NiMh or LiPo.

If you have any questions, just click on the link above to go to our forum and let us know what your questions are.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Derek

That's a nice feature...being able to actually "name" the radio or input your own name. That's cool! That's also a good idea, what you were talking about, putting your name or driver's license number on the inside of the Tx case. Yes...it is a $400+ Tx....and I surely would like to be able to prove to someone with "sticky" fingers that this Tx is mine.

Very cool, Tony!

Tony

Staff member
I have not done mine yet. I did take mine apart for the viewers, but didn't etch anything in there. And I love having Rc-Help on the main menu when it starts up lmao.

Derek

Yeah man! I can imagine that it would be cool to see the "Rc-Help" come on when you turn on the Tx. I put the first letter of my first name and also my last name on my DX8. It looks cool!!!

Yes very good idea. Do you have any pointers on when changing out the battery from NiMh to Lipo cuz ive removed my stock battery but am having a problem trying to install the new 4000 mAh Lipo, ive even got magnifying glasses with LEDS and needle nose pliers and even tried trimming theactual plug alittle with an exacto and still cant seem to figure out how to get the plug in for the tx whether tryin to put in th lipo or even trying to re-install the stock battery so idk what to do now that ive already gone and taken it out which i should of maybe asked this question before doing in hind site. So unless there is some trick i think i might be forced to take this into my LHO and have them try.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You just have to make sure the pins line up in the plug and you don't have it up side down. Then it should go right in. I had a harder time getting the cover back on with the lipo in there. It's a very tight fit!

Tony

Staff member
As stated, look at the plug in the Tx and find out if the pins are on top or bottom. then find the holes in the battery plug and make sure they are the same. It's a tight fit, but it should slide in there and click.

Karubah

,I had to take the foam pad out from the bottom to get my lipo in and then trimmed it down until it was a snug fit then put the foam back under the lipo. It's a very snug fit.

wow now i feel real dumb the whole time i didnt manage to really check the upside down or not part so the entire time ive been thinking i was too put it in with the wire lead parts not showing on the plug. And thought thats how the stock battery came out so didnt bother to look or anything

Top Bottom