EDF Dx8 gen 2

Ben

Hi , just bought the DX 8 gen 2 ,and the free wing F 35 v2 thrust vectoring model , i'm trying to figure out how to do the mix in the elevator to be able to shut the thrust vector off and on when needed I am not new to EDF just new to thrust vec and the DX8 ,I came from dx6i thanks

Tony

Staff member
Hey ben, welcome! How is the thrust vectoring wired right now? Meaning, what channel is the aileron/elevator in and is the thrust vectoring in the same channel as those, or just the elevator?

Smoggie

Just set a mix between elevator and the channel that conducts thrust vectoring. You can choose if you have the mix on all the time or activated by a switch. Select the switch you want to use, and that should be it.

Tony

Staff member
Just looked this plane up and saw that it has 360º vectoring. And the right/left is mixed with the rudder, which you do not have on the vertical stab's. So vectoring is the only way to get rudder.

There should be two servos controlling the thrust vectoring. The rudder you can just simply put in the rudder port on the Rx. The elevator, as Smoggie stated above is going to be a mix between the elevator and whatever channel you have the other servo plugged into. So if you have the elevator and Aux1, then you will create a mix with those two channels in the Mix menu. From there, you can set just how much throw it will have and I would keep it light to start with. And I believe you can set a switch in there as well to turn it off as that little short guy did in his video lol.

Top Bottom