Spektrum DX8 firmware update

treff

Hi all. I have just updated my DX8 tx firmware from v2.1 to v3.1 and noticed a couple of settings have changed, i.e. sub-trim, travel. Do i need
to reset up all my helis and planes?

treff

Thanks pvolcko, yes it looks like a few things have changed so will have to go over everything again.

Derek

Oh wow! I have 16 models in my DX8. If I do the firmware update...that will be a lot of settings to recheck, lol.

Slobberdog

Oh wow! I have 16 models in my DX8. If I do the firmware update...that will be a lot of settings to recheck, lol.

I was thinking 3 was enough for me not to do it, lol if it isn't broke and all, I like the way I have all mine set up so don't want to interfere

That is unless they put 7 point curves on the DX8 that would be nice

treff

I have checked mine now and just a couple of things out and really I can see no difference on the TX. I think it is more to do with telemetry.
If you have the right RX and probes you can monitor lots of things in real time on the TX i.e. battery voltage, esc temp, motor temp, that sort of thing.

treff

Hi wolfman. Go to the Spektrum Community on the net. Registar your TX then your good to down load latest firmware. I use a Mac
so just down loaded to desktop and then dropped it onto the card from the TX. When you insert the card and switch on it updates.
I would however make a backup of anything you have on the TX before you start.

Derek

lmao...I dunno.....I've got a lot of settings in mine. I'd hate to see something get changed and cause a problem. Yes, a backup could be made but still.....

Top Bottom