Spektrum DX8...Dropping from the Sky. Please Help

Hey Guys
Within the last 2 weeks I have lost 2 quads for no obvious reason.
1st one I lost both FPV and RX within a split second.
All I saw was the nose go straight up (without my help) and everything went dead.
2nd, yesterday same scenario, started getting FPV static, quad banked up and lost everything.
Both ended in pure devastation and yesterday I lost a CC3D board due to this.
Both quads fly CC3D's, Lemon RX, FPV. (yes RX and VTX are separated quite well too)
Both have different motors and ESC's and Props.
I use Fatshark LHCP antennas.
The quad that went down yesterday flew like a dream last Sunday...
I have noticed that lately the FPV signal
seems to be struggling and I have changed channels until I am blue in the face. (Both VTX's)
In both incidents the only common variable is my DX8.
I know this might be a stretch but is there any possibility that the DX8 could be shooting some
rouge signal and zapping not only the RX but causing issues with the VTX/VRX?
I am in the middle of a Hex build and currently I am holding off on taking her airborne
due to this possibility.
Early on when I got into FPV I had a cheaper Boscam VRX, when I held the DX8 close to it
the FPV signal went ballistic so I invested in an Immersion UNO and it eliminated this.
Back them no one could give me a straight answer (including Horizon) if this could be a TX (DX8) issue.
I really would hate to send the radio all the way to Horizon and be without....
Let me know what you guys think.

murankar

Staff member
Not sure about your setup but......

Okay for starters check all the wires. Make sure nothing is shorting out on the frames. I doubt that the radio itself is causing the issues. If it was a radio issue then it would be brown outs and lock outs. Now a brown out could cause a high amp draw. If this is happening then that's what is causing things to burn up.

Brown outs are caused by a lack of voltage. With lower voltage comes higher amps. I would presume that something in your electrical system could be going bad.

This is me just making a SWAG. Some one with more experience in electrical or spectrum should be answering this question.

Yea all connections were fine previously and I could see that being the case on one quad but for it to happen
on 2 different quads has me just scratching my head.
As per the electrical...the only thing that is the same between the 2 quads other than the mentioned is the batteries.
I have made contact with Spektrum in the event since I had previous issues with a VRX early on where as the Spektrum
caused major video issues when it got close to the VRX, they replied and stated they would pass it on to the Engineeers

Last edited:

RandyDSok

I'd also mention to verify that there is nothing in the location that could cause trouble... ie power transformers... other close by locations that may also be using wifi audio or video camera's, even oil field or other heavy equipment can cause EMF interference

Lee

As Randy said, location may have an effect.
Were both flights at the same place?
If so, did you do a range check before flying?
To loose RX and VTX signal simultaneously is odd.
How are you supplying power to the two units?

Top Bottom