Spektrum dx8 binding

anthony o

OK another stupid question.
I can get the dx8 and rx to bind with the bind key in,, when I remove the bind key..... it will lose bind...

SO can I fly with the bind key still in place. what ill effects will I suffer if I do this if any.
thanks in advance
tony

Slobberdog

No you should not fly with bind key in,

This is how I do mine,

Plug in bind plug
Turn on rx plug in battery
Press bind switch while powering on tx, make sure you have more than 4 ft between tx and rx for good bind,
Remove rx power source
Remove bind plug

It's always worked for me when doing it this way

Derek

No you should not fly with bind key in,

This is how I do mine,

Plug in bind plug
Turn on rx plug in battery
Press bind switch while powering on tx, make sure you have more than 4 ft between tx and rx for good bind,
Remove rx power source
Remove bind plug

It's always worked for me when doing it this way

Yep....that's how I do mine. I hope Anthony gets it to work properly.

anthony o

ok this is doing my head in........ bind plug in............ esc in the throttle port........ rudder ans elevator plugged in............. it binds. ok so far.
pull bind plug out.............. now do I move the esc to the batt port where the bind plug was,, or leave it in the throttle port..............
what am I doing wrong,.

Derek

If you aren't using an external BEC, then keep your ESC plugged into the Throttle Port.

If you are still having troubles, can you share a brief video of the process that you are doing? And maybe share what model you are working on as well as the ESC specs.

Slobberdog

esc in throttle port no other servos need to be connected at this point, put bind plug in, power on and do bind with tx, then power off esc, remove bind plug,

your esc will always be in the throttle port

I always put bind plug in and remove with power off,

anthony o

thank you.. slobberdog and derek......... finally sorted..... was turning the tx off when pulling the bind plug out.... quiet time down the caravan time to play..
so when I bind now......... normal. push bind switch on tx. does the esc program automatically. sorry for being a little dumb,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tony

Derek

I'm happy to hear that you've made progress! I have some issues here with my helicopter that are causing me grief and I'm hoping to make progress soon, lol.

Anyway...the esc does have some default settings already programmed but like Kev mentioned, you will have to set your throttle endpoints and maybe some other settings in your esc. That part will all depend on your flying style.

What esc are you working with?

Top Bottom