Batteries DX8 battery

callsign4223

Staff member
So I'm pretty sure the original NiMH battery that came with my DX8 is shot. It won't take a charge anymore. I was looking online for the lithium replacement and they are in the $70 range. It just appears to be a 2s 4000mah battery. Is there any reason I couldn't just take one of the many 2s batteries I have laying around and splice the connector from the old NiMH battery onto it? Obviously I would have to test fit it to make sure it will go in the battery compartment, but otherwise it should be fine right?

Smoggie

Hobbyking do a LiPo for the DX8 that's much cheaper and works fine, I used to use one in my own DX8: Turnigy 4000mAh Lipo Transmitter Battery (Compatible with Spektrum DX9 DX8 DX7S Intelligent Transmitter Pack)

It's very much not recommended to use a standard LiPo because the DX8 LiPo is an 'intelligent' LiPo that has a built in charging and regulating battery protection circuit. You would struggle to get a standard one to fit anyway and at the least you would have to remove it to charge. If you tried to charge a standard LiPo with the stock Spektrum power supply the battery would over-charge and burst into flames!

Derek

Matt...I bought the gen 1 dx8 a few years ago and immediately bought a lipo battery. I still have the stock nimh 2000mah battery. If you want it, send me your address....its yours. I've never used it.

Top Bottom