Spektrum DX8 and DX6

DAL2855

Banned
I got my DX6i in the mail today and was curious about inputting all the settings from my DX8 to see how they compare as far as how well and stable the bird I have fly. But was told there are some differences between the two. Could someone please enlighten me on what the differences are between the two and how the settings from my DX8 would transfer over to the DX6i?

Derek

As a current owner of the Spektrum DX6i, as well as the Spektrum DX8, I can tell you that there is one difference that I can speak about. That one difference being the smoothness of the sticks on the DX8. The sticks on the DX6i seemed to more difficult to move. Don't get me wrong, I was able to fly my planes and my Trex 500 with the DX6i, but once I flew my planes and my 500 with my DX8...I noticed an immediate difference with the sticks. The sticks on the DX8 move much smoother.

Now, the DX6i did everything that I wanted it to do and I upgraded to the DX8 for the extra channels and the 3 position switch for Flight Mode. As far as the settings from the DX8 to the DX6i...I can't imagine there will be many differences in the setup but I'm sure you will have to tweak your settings a bit.

Good luck!!!

I'm sure I could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard that when setting up the gain for the gyros in rate and hh mode the numbers are different. I think with the DX8 gains run from -100 to 100 and on the 6 it ran from 0-100. So in the DX8 -100 - 0 is rate mode 0-100 is hh mode. In the 6 0-50 was rate mode and 50-100 was hh mode.
Now i could be wrong but i'm sure I read that somewhere, those with the DX6 please confirm

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure I could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard that when setting up the gain for the gyros in rate and hh mode the numbers are different. I think with the DX8 gains run from -100 to 100 and on the 6 it ran from 0-100. So in the DX8 -100 - 0 is rate mode 0-100 is hh mode. In the 6 0-50 was rate mode and 50-100 was hh mode.
Now i could be wrong but i'm sure I read that somewhere, those with the DX6 please confirm

That is exactly right Jonathan. Spot on.

There is no way to "transfer" the settings since the 6i doesn't have a memory card slot. But you can put your other settings into the Tx and test them out. Just remember, servo subtrims, end points and such are all going to be different. From DX8 to DX8, they are going to be different for each helicopter.

DAL2855

Banned
Ok thanks guys for the replies! Guess I'll just have to get out the pitch gauge and stuff and check everything on the DX6i and see how they differ and adjust accordingly! I just wanna see how it flies on the DX6 verses the DX8!

Top Bottom