Spektrum DX8 and Align 15A ESC Gov

PaulRC

Hi

I've got a Trex 250 with an Align 15A ESC. I also got a DX8. I already programmed the ESC to have Gov mode enabled. I'm just wondering how do i setup the Gov in the DX8??

Thank you

Paul

Tony

Staff member
In all honestly, you don't need a gov on anything smaller than a 500. Is there a reason you are wanting to use a gov on it?

PaulRC

I just want to see if my DX8 will show the RPM on the screen. I'm trying to figure out if that could be done with the Align 15A ESC. Or would I need a phase sensor for that to work?

Tony

Staff member
That can not be done, You will need to purchase a brushless rpm sensor and hook it up to the telemetry module to see the motor rpm or head speed. I'm hoping someone else knows where to get the sensor, because I have no idea.

Tony

Staff member
IT's my pleasure. Now that you got me thinking about this, I have an extra telemetry module and might just try it out on one of my 450's. Would be nice to know my head speed instead of just using math to figure it out. I will let you know if and when I get one.

PaulRC

Yeah I saw your DX8 youtube tutorials, so that's how I bought my DX8 and eventually I got here. I just wanted to see what the other functions on this radio. I'll wait for your DX8 Gov video. Thank you for the videos!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure Paul. If there is anything else you would like to see on video, just let me know.

Top Bottom