Spektrum DX7s

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, i stumble upon a website that has DX7s DSMX 7 channel TX with AR8000 RX and 2 batteries "for TX" for $299.00. I have a DX6i/AR7200BX already but looking to buy a new AR7200BX and ran into this combo. I was wondering if worth to buy or leave it alone. Thanks for suggestion.

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, I would get the DX8 over this Tx just for the 3 position switches. You get more channels, 3 position switches as well as assignable RTrim and LTrim switches that you can set to do just about anything. But if you have the coinage, the DX9 is awesome.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
In all honesty, I would get the DX8 over this Tx just for the 3 position switches. You get more channels, 3 position switches as well as assignable RTrim and LTrim switches that you can set to do just about anything. But if you have the coinage, the DX9 is awesome.

Thanks Mr. Tony, i heard that these Tx are more gear to airplanes then helis? I'm just looking around. That kind of coinage for the DX9 is not for me but thanks anyway.

Tony

Staff member
Nah man, I think they made some that were for planes that had a different switch setup, but you can always reprogram it and get rid of the ratchet throttle. If you think a 7ch is all you will need, then the DX7s will do great. Although, I'm sure if you wait a bit longer, they will come out with a new 7 or 8 channel that has a 250 model memory and 3 position switches like the DX6, DX8 and DX9.

bbj

I don't have enough posts to allow me to put an ad on the for sale area and I hope I am not in violation of the rules. But I have a brand new DX8 with carry case for sale. I decided to get the black DX9 thus never used the DX8. It is just 2 months old and only used it to start setting up my new heli. If your interested PM me.

Tony

Staff member
No worries BBJ, I have traced your IP address, contacted your ISP and now have your address. So I will allow that one since you are trying to help out a fellow member :chuckles:

bbj

Thank you Tony. I didn't want to violate any rules. How does he PM me or do I need to post my email address

Tony

Staff member
To PM you, all he needs to do is click on your name and select Private Message from the box that comes up. In there, your name will already be filled in the "To" box, and he just needs to put in the body of the PM.

pvolcko

That seems like a high price for a DX7s at this point. Even when they were new I think they could be had for a bit less than that. I'd shop around for a better deal.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That seems like a high price for a DX7s at this point. Even when they were new I think they could be had for a bit less than that. I'd shop around for a better deal.

Thanks you pvolcko for your answer. I didn't know if that was a good price or not but you answer my question. I'm not in too much of a hurry so i will shop around. Thanks again.

Tony

Staff member
Dx7s is $240 by it's self, new. The AR8000 is $130 by it's self. Bringing the total if purchased separately to $370. Add in a second battery, and you are over $400 if purchased separately. $299 is a descent deal IMO.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Dx7s is $240 by it's self, new. The AR8000 is $130 by it's self. Bringing the total if purchased separately to $370. Add in a second battery, and you are over $400 if purchased separately. $299 is a descent deal IMO.

So it's a decent deal then, Thanks Tony. I'm still going to keep looking around. Before you know it, something else will pop up. Thanks again for your help.

pvolcko

$299 is full retail price for this combo (everyone is selling this same combo for the same price). The inclusion of a second battery is unusual. Is this a brand new unit or is someone selling lightly used?

If you need the Rx unit and you want to buy new, then yes, it is good. If you're only really needing the Tx you could potentially buy it and then sell the Rx unit off. Or keep looking around for a used DX7s. There should be plenty of them around with the DX9 and new DX6 out.

Top Bottom