Spektrum DX7S upgrading/customizing Questions

Hello all have anyone of you seen a roller switch menu selector that comes in any anodized color of aluminum for the dx7s? I have seen them before onebay but cannot find them anymore so i am looking everywhere for one that is mayne orange or red or anything other than plain aluminum silver heck ive even started thinking i may start anodizing my own and selling them cuz of the rareness also i want to purchase some new trim tabs cuz even though it hasnt happened to me i keep hearing of how they break so easily so id like to buy some made of aluminum anf if possible also anodized in another color as well ive seen i can buy some regular aluminums from a certain online engineering company but they also wsnt way to much for thrm so i want to find them for under $15 with shipping hopefully. Please let me know thanks , this is also a good place to put any pics up of ur dx7s if u have done any customizing or anything to it. I will post some pics of mine up here soon & show yall the knob switch cover i got there cool there blue red & green & as lso i have washer/nuts replacements for the plain silver ones that hold in each switch to the transmitter. Im planning on adding a paint job & bavklight to it plus ive alreafy done the lipo swap

Tony

Staff member
Tommy, please use punctuation and separate out your posts into paragraphs. The above is VERY hard to read. Also, double check the spelling. We all fat finger things on cell phones, but most will give you options on what word you might have wanted to spell. Thanks.

I finally got a few pictures of my DX7S with all my Knob Switch covers on in 3 different colors, plus as you'll be able to see i also have replaced the stock silver switch nuts with colored ones. I bought new 34mm orange sticks & an official Spektrum weight balancer or whatever you call them that you hook your neck strap to. I hope to add my back light kit & also custom paint it at the same time very soon. Here are a few pics below, please post any pics of your on here aswell. Tom

afterfocus_1374436568208.jpgafterfocus_1374436751546.jpg

afterfocus_1374436568208.jpg

afterfocus_1374436751546.jpg

Dirk

Holy crap!!

Those switches are HUGE now!! Are they not too big now? Looks like it can be uncomfortable using them, or knocking the wrong switch by accident.

Love the orange sticks. Got them on my DX8 as well.

They do make them alot larger but they are mounted on really securely so theres no play in them whatsoever with little hex thread screws. But no I dont ever worry about hitting the wrong switch by accident at all, they actually have good grip with the tops being sunk in alittle and the sides having o-rings it makes it nice. I dont find them that large, all the switches still perform fully without any mods of any type and the nice bling it adds to. If someone where to try and walk away with my tx not only do I have my name and license # engraved inside of it but also I'd be able to spot it a mile away cuz I have yet to see anyone even close to imitating mine & as soon as I put the backlight kit in with my planned additional leds w/ on off switch and paint the out side ill for sure have a one of a kind tx that cant be mistaken. Have u done any mods of any sort to your tx? Do you have any planned for the future?

To all please feel free to comment, criticism, suggestions or ideas & of course post any pics of your mods or tell me about them or any future planned ones thanks Tom

Dirk

Glad it works for you bro. No, I have done no mods to my TX. I like it just the way it is. I am a bit conservative though.

Slobberdog

Looks different, but sorry not my cup of tea, but to each and their own, just think it looks a bit cumbersome.

Top Bottom