450 DX7s and 3GX

pavotibio

Hi you all. First of all, I hope this is the right place start this post. I looked in the forum and didn´t find any suitable thread.
I just finished wiring my Trex 450 3GX. i had previously bound my TX (DX7S) to the receiver and the satellite, no problem there. What I need to know is if it´s possible to use only one satellite with the 3GX and if so, how to do it. Do I aldo have to bind the gyro with the radio, or maybe with the RX, or both.
I would appreciate some help......can´t wait any longer to finish this project and start flying!
Cheers!

Mauricio2012-12-19 15.50.14.jpg

2012-12-19 15.50.14.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
WIth the dx7s or any 7+ channel radio.. All you need is one Satellite on a 450 size heli. You can bypass RX..

All you do is plug the satellites on the right side of the 3GX box.. you will see ANT 1 and ANT 2 ports. Use ANT 1 and hook up your Satellite there.. Then use the bind plug. put that into the Data/Bind port on 3GX and remove the three wires you had going to the RX (colorful wires) .. Turn on the 3GX with the ESC hooked up to a battery, and the Satellite starts blinking..

then just do the bid procedure for your DX7S.. (not sure if its holding the trainer switch or something different.. ) and turn it on.. and the satellite should bind up straight.

Then just turn off the 3GX, take the bind plug out, and turn off your radio.. Thats it :)

stokke

Do you want to use the satellite AND the Rx?

Anyway, you can do both if you want to - I have an Rx with a satellite on my 450 3GX. BUT, you can also just throw the Rx altogether, and plug the satellite into the 3GX - this way you won't need a Rx. It is recommended to use two satellites though (if going with a non-Rx setup).

If you opt to use a Rx with satellite, you want the Sat connected to the Rx - binding is done on the Rx BIND port. If you opt to use only a sat, you plug the sat into the 3GX and use the 3GX BIND port.

See my build thread on page 3 for details (link is in my signature).

Last edited:

pavotibio

Do you want to use the satellite AND the Rx?
If you opt to use a Rx with satellite, you want the Sat connected to the Rx - binding is done on the Rx BIND port. If you opt to use only a sat, you plug the sat into the 3GX and use the 3GX BIND port.
See my build thread on page 3 for details (link is in my signature).

Marius, your thread is the reason I am in this forum, so thanks. I did see how you wired your devices but it was too late. As I told Gaba, I left room only for the gyro and the satellite. I would have to re do many things if I wanted to include the rx in the setup.

I'll let you guys know if it worked.
Thank you thank you thank you

Mauricio

- - - Updated - - -

WIth the dx7s or any 7+ channel radio.. All you need is one Satellite on a 450 size heli. You can bypass RX..
All you do is plug the satellites on the right side of the 3GX box.. you will see ANT 1 and ANT 2 ports. Use ANT 1 and hook up your Satellite there.. Then use the bind plug. put that into the Data/Bind port on 3GX and remove the three wires you had going to the RX (colorful wires) .. Turn on the 3GX with the ESC hooked up to a battery, and the Satellite starts blinking..
then just do the bid procedure for your DX7S.. (not sure if its holding the trainer switch or something different.. ) and turn it on.. and the satellite should bind up straight.
Then just turn off the 3GX, take the bind plug out, and turn off your radio.. Thats it :)

Thanks Gaba, I will follow your instructions and let you know if it worked.

Mauricio

Top Bottom