250 Dx7 Black 3gx V4.1 Dsmx Sat Align 250 Pro

Christian Berg

Hi, its years since i had a problem like this. Im usen to beastx, v-var and so on. Now i thought i should use a 3gx v4,1 on a align 250 pro i have. But i have serious problems. I sett radio to 120 3 servo bind up and then i see online there is something important reagrd channels, gain and so on. Some one help me step by step please from binding these things?With radio settings. I know 3gx isnt as good as others gyroes i use but i want to lear 3gx and try it for fun.

Attachments

• 500_1220280012.jpg
    500_1220280012.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3

Tony

Staff member
The settings between my DX8 in those videos and your DX7 will transfer over. The menu's may be in a different place, but it will be very similar. I don't have a series on the DX7 and don't own that Tx to couldn't make a series if I wanted to. Well, that and I have sold off or trashed all of my 3GX gyro's and replaced them with better ones.

And V4.1 can be tricky, be careful when you get it in the air. It can be very unpredictable.

Tony

Staff member
What is the reason for needing DSMX compatible? All DSMX satellites are backwards compatible with DSM2 and will work just fine. V2.1 is the only version that I suggest due to stability issues in the later versions.

Christian Berg

Ok thank you is this something most people mean, that v2, 1 is the best version?

When binded. I choose 3 servo 120 in radio. Can anyone tell what i must do under channels and under gyro in the radio with my dx7 Black?

Tony

Staff member
The issues that I have seen and experienced with the 3GX are as follows.

3.1 - This version is incredibly stable in the air and adds a few options to the menu setup. However, this version likes to tip over on the ground before take off. If you can do a half spool up and 'pop' it into the air, then it is likely fine.

4 - This version has some weird twitching issues with the tail in the air. It is stable on the ground, but the tail kicks on its own.

5 -This version has an absolute horrible tail bounce back. I had one that had a 180º bounceback. So you would go from tail in to tail right and it would bounce all the way back to tail left.

Do note, not all gyros experienced this issue. Some are fine on 5, some are fine on 4, all that I have seen suffer from tipping over on 3.

As for what ones are compatible with dsmx, I'm not sure. Never dove into them quite that much.

Adjusting the swash to get the correct movements, you will need to go into your servo reverse menu's and adjust the settings until the servos are moving together like they should, even if they are reversed. So collective is working the swash up and down, elevator is working the swash forward and back and aileron is working the swash side to side.

Once you have it there, then you will need to go into your swashplate menu, or may be called swash mix in your Tx, and reverse the ones that need reversing by taking the positive number in that menu and making it a negative number.

Christian Berg

Ok i am starting to think ill Just use a k-bar i have. Remove the box to k-bar as i saw on some pictures of a align 250 and install it in where the 3gx is suposed to be, and a sat at the buttom. . And Just use k-bar.

Matt

If you go to frame rate you can change dsmx to dsm2 / 22ms

it’s under the setup settings in the transmitter

I run dsm2 / 22ms on all my helis and don’t notice a difference..

Here’s a video:

Matt

K-bar is way better and a lot more stable.. I had a 3gx and crashed 2 inches off the ground because of it.. 3gx is such old technology compared to what’s out there now..

with the k-bar run through the setup before plugging in the servos tho.. set the type of servos in the software before plugging them into the k-bar..

murankar

Staff member
K-bar is a popular vbar clone. So yes it works great. K-bar also has a bluetooth module so you can program the unit with your phone. The app is by Mikado and it is a pay app.

Top Bottom