Found: DX6i

Tony

Staff member
I have thought about selling my DX6i. Great Tx, I have painted it (as seen in the videos), has a backlight under the screen and the Spektrum logo. I had to take out the KR mod since it quit working. if you are interested, I will sell it with the AR6200 Rx in the original box for $200. Just let me know. This is the only Tx I have used, and is the one being used in every video I have created. In one video of the FF-22, I thought I was catching a glitch, but it turned out to be an ESC issue, not the Tx. if you just want an OrangeRx, I can toss that in there and leave out the AR6200 and sell it for $150.

callsign4223

Staff member
I would love to have it, but I was looking more for something in the $100 range. I know with all the mods yours is worth much more than that. Don't think I would need the Rx since at the moment all I have is the MCPx. I am in the OKC area so if you would be willing I could probably do $100 plus some trades, either stuff or services.

Tony

Staff member
What kind of "stuff" you got? I'm always willing to do some swappin'. Just let me know what you have to trade, and we will talk. Being in OKC will save on shipping for sure.

callsign4223

Staff member
Nothing too amazing. A set of 700c wheels for a road bike. A couple of mountain bikes. A coffee table/end table set. I do have a portable dishwasher we are getting rid of, fixing to remodel the kitchen and put in a built-in, but that would be more on the lines of a straight trade. If you want to wait until I finish the remodel I have the tile saw I bought in December and only used on my bathroom and soon to do the kitchen. Also do computer work, including server type stuff. I am the sys admin for MWC.

Tony

Staff member
i will tell you what, if you want just the Tx only, will you do $125? Origional box and such, just no Rx. As for the other stuff, it's not really anything I need at this time. I do all the work on my server and websites, build my own computers, and I'm too fat to ride a bike hahaha. Let me know.

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, okay here's the deal then. When I was 16, I got my drivers license, then at 22 I got my CDL, and my job at the army base has me sitting at a desk with a gun. So I drive everywhere or just hold a chair down hahaha. Let me know how you want to make this deal. I'm going to be pretty busy at the house tomorrow, need to get some more videos shot, and I really need to start working on my Camaro so I can sell my gears. If you want to come down here to Noble (about 30 miles or so south of OKC), we can meet up at my house, and bring your heli and we will bind it, adn get it setup. You will love it.

callsign4223

Staff member
They got me in training till 9:30 tomorrow night, but I am going to be in the Norman area Saturday afternoon anyway, would sometime Saturday afternoon be allright?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I will be at work from 1000-2200 Sat and Sun. If you want to come down after training, I will still be awake. i will leave it up to you. Just let me know.

Tony

Staff member
As long as it's not too late, we can do that. If it's going to be dark outside, we can set it up in the garage.

callsign4223

Staff member
I get off at 5 on friday so just the time it takes me to get down there from MWC. If you wanna e-mail me your address I will probably be down there around 6ish.

Tony

Staff member
email sent. Let me know if you have any issues finding the place. hard as hell the first time, very easy from then on lol.

Tony

Staff member
It was great meeting with you today, and thanks for letting me fly your mcpx, that was a lot of fun. I hope you really enjoy the Tx, I know I did. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

One thing I forgot to do, and you need to, is go into the travel adjustments, and lower that pitch down from where it's at, to 80. That is where I had the best performance out of the heli. If you leave it high where it's at, it will keep blowing that tail out like it did on me lmao.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hey, it was nice to put a face to all these forum posts I see. I've gone through a couple more batteries today and it is SUCH an improvement. I feel like I am mastering stuff in minutes that took hours with that DX4. Maybe after I am better at controlling the heli then the DX4 won't be so bad, but for learning, it is horrible. Only thing now is that your gonna have to change your forum signature.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, Yup, I have changed the Avatar, just have not gotten around to the sig just yet.

As you stated, the DX6i is a major leap from any RTF Tx you get other than the DX5 with some models, and even that can't fly a heli (not ccpm anyway). I loved that Tx and I hope it provides you with the same enjoyment it did myself. Just remember to turn down the pitch in the travel adjustment menu to 80 if I forgot to do it.

And don't be afraid to try thing out. Move the expo around, play with the throttle and pitch curves and find what suites you the best. The settings I had in there are what I liked. You may not. Only one way to find out for sure.

Top Bottom