Spektrum Dx6i with Flight Simulator

Maverick1

Good evening.

I have just purchased a Spektrum DX6i and I was told that I could use it with my computer to control a flight simulator.
Is this correct? If so, how might I go about doing that?

I have both the Phoenix and the Clearview Sims.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Tony

Staff member
You should have received a cable with the Phoenix simulator that connects to the computer and to the Tx. You may (not sure) be able to use that cable with clearview as well, but once you go Phoenix, you will forget about clearview lol. I had RealFlight at one time, adn loved it. Now, I'm looking to get Phoenix to try it out.

Maverick1

Very cool. So is it safe to assume that it is a program specific cable? It would make sense that it would simply be some kind of USB cable. No?

Tony

Staff member
For phoenix, there is a chip in there that lets the program know that you purchased the sim legally. On Phoenix, you can only use the Phoenix cable if I'm remembering correctly.

However, for something like Clearview, you can use a typical 3.5mm to USB cable and use some software to make it work. I'm not 100% sure on how to do this, but I know it can be done.

Maverick1

I do own a: RC Tech 6 CH Flight Simulator Remote Control for Helicopters/ Airplanes. I checked the Phoenix details, but this controller isn't listed. It is a VERY BASIC USB simulator controller. It's not an actual controller. Does anyone know if it will work?

Derek

You shouldn't have any troubles at all using the cable that came with your Phoenix Sim being attached to your DX6i. That's the same thing that I use.

Something else that you should do is keep an eye on the "Phoenix" sim in the forums. There are alot of us, here at RCH, that get online fly together. It's just alot of fun to fly with others.

Wolfman

Maverick1 Hi I think I catch the drift of what you are asking, The dx6i can be used with simulators the 3.5mm plug is in the back called Trainer. You can get the cable for it on Ebay for around 20.00 that comes with a simulator program and as cables for various Transmitters. The Phoenix they guys are talking about is specific like Tony said and only comes with the program.
Hope that helps
Randy

Top Bottom