Spektrum DX6i Transmitter modes

davelee

I am inretested in upgrading my transmitter from a DX4E to a Spectrum DX6i. Currently when i fly my 4 channel plane I prefer to configure the transmitter so I have control of the airelon and thrust on the left hand control mode 4. I find this easier than having airelon control on the right. Reading all the articles on the DX6i it all seems to be configured in mode 2. Only the 7s allows mode 4. Does anyone know if there is a method on the dxi6 which allows me to use the lefthand control for the airelon without having to dismantle the transmitter. I am reluctant tobuy a 7s as its more expensive and seems a bit more complicated to use.

Tony

Staff member
Moved to the correct section.

As I stated in the YT comment, I'm pretty sure the only way you can do this is to take the case apart (6 screws, really easy. I have a video of taking the DX6i apart) and move the two pots from the rudder and aileron. But, I will let those that have this Tx still answer if there is a way to adjust it in the software. I have not had one of the new ones in hand.

As for the 7s, don't let it intimidate you, it's very easy to use and there are quite a few members on here that have them and love them. I have the DX8 and I will never go back.

murankar

Staff member
The dx7 and dx8 will be a great investment. They are much easier to configure and have way more options for configuring.

davelee

Many thanks I think there may be a simple soulution change over the servo wires going into the receiver ie rudder into airelon socket ,airelon into rudder socket. Correct me if I am wrong.

Slobberdog

i might be wrong but, if you do that you will have to remember where all your rate switches affect

Kev..........

Top Bottom