Spektrum DX6i Timer Glitch

Chompwat

I have had my DX6i around a year now and it has performed faultlessly in that time.
However it has developed a rather annoying glitch.
I always have the timer activated by the throttle cut button, set to count 'down' for however many minutes dependant on which Model is selected.
Of late when I activate the timer it counts up instead of down. When I change the setting back to down it defaults back to 6 minutes.
It will,do this regardless of which model memory slot is selected.
The last two days have been particularly good conditions and I have done a lot of flying of three different planes and this glitch now appears almost every flight.
Has anyone else encountered this, and any suggestions if and how it can be fixed?
Thanks
Chomp

Tony

Staff member
This sounds like a firmware issue to me. I would contact Horizon and see what they say.

Slobberdog

I have that now and again, not thought much of it until I see this, but would be interested in what they tell you

getsuyoubi

My DX6i has recently developed the same glitch. It seems to be somehow related to switching models, but I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm doing something "wrong" when I switch models. Sometimes I first turn of the radio after a flight (with the timer having switched to "UP" mode in the meantime). Then I power back on, switch models, and fly that other helicopter. This *seems* to be fine for now. Occasionally, I switch models at the end of a flight *before* turning off the radio, and then I turn it off after selecting the new model. I have a feeling that this causes it to glitch - not all the time, but certainly more frequently (probably even exclusively) than in that first scenario.
I just contacted Horizon Hobby over the weekend; still waiting for response.
What response did you get?

EyeStation

Mine too. Not sure what triggers it, but I have had some flights that seemed a bit longer than usual. I will look at the timer after I stop and it will be running up and past 10 minutes. None of my batteries are longer than 6 minutes, so I have to believe it started Up from my preselected time down setting.
Mine seems to want to chime alot after stopping the timer after alarm. I thought a couple beeps were normal, but a few beeps repeated 5 or 6 times is an overkill. I have a backlight system in mine, so no call to Horizon is in my future.

getsuyoubi

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately I never made any modifications to my radio, but on the other hand it's already three years old. Let's see what HH is going to say about this. I've been googling this issue for a couple of hours now, and there are a lot of people affected by this. But for whatever reason, none of them seems to post HH's response...

Lee

Its many years since I had my DX6I, but I remember the same issue.
I remember it was something to do with changing models.
Now I always press reset on my DX8 timer before every flight, just to be sure.

Top Bottom