Spektrum DX6I thinks it's mode 1 but the sticks are such as a mode2 2 radio?

pjdog350

I bought a DX6I many years ago. At that time I flew RC Planes mode 1, Flew RC Helicopters mode 2. When I got the new DX6I for my planes I changed it over to mode 1. However I've been in mode 2 for so long with the RC helicopters and quads that I have a fear that I'll mess up and have a brain servo failure and crash the plane with a mode 2 signal. Anyway I changed the sticks back to mode 2. Put the springs back and the throttle clicky thing where it should be.

I thought all was well until I bought a new E-Flite ask-21 glider. When I did the bind I thought the receiver was mode 1. Called Horizon hobby and they sent me a new receiver. After the receiver came and I installed it I was still thinking it was mode 1, same problem?mode 1. Called Horizon Hobby again and they (The Techs) had me go to the monitor screen on the DX6I. I told the tech what the TX was doing on each stick based on what the monitor screen said as I moved the sticks. Turns out my DX6I thinks it's a mode one. But the sticks and where the springs are would leave you to believe the DX6I is a mode 2.

Does anybody out there know how I can tell the DX6I that it's mode 2?

Jack

EyeStation

Found this for ya. You have to turn on Close Captions and choose your language in the sub menu there.
Cool lookin little trick here.
[video=youtube_share;PMWJZ6Xyt3o]http://youtu.be/PMWJZ6Xyt3o[/video]

pjdog350

Found this for ya. You have to turn on Close Captions and choose your language in the sub menu there.
Cool lookin little trick here.
[video=youtube_share;PMWJZ6Xyt3o]http://youtu.be/PMWJZ6Xyt3o[/video]

Thanks for the help. I finally got it changed. Had a little trouble but won out in the end.

Jack

murankar

Staff member
On a mode 2 the throttle is on the left side. The throttle does not spring back to center but the rudder will.

Left stick throttle/rudder (collective)
Right stick aileron/elevator (cyclic)

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pjdog350

On a mode 2 the throttle is on the left side. The throttle does not spring back to center but the rudder will.

Left stick throttle/rudder (collective)
Right stick aileron/elevator (cyclic)

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I know what's where on mode 1 or mode 2. But it's my DX6I that's having the problem. The stick configuration is mode 2 however the electronics inside the radio TX think that it's mode 1. If you look at the monitor screen and move the right stick up and down the DX6I thinks he's talking to the throttle. If you move the left stick up & down the DX6I thinks he's talking to the elevator.

This is because because maybe a year ago I changed the internal mode from mode 2 to mode 1. Can't remember how to change it back.

All is well now. I got it with the help of others (eyestation).

jack

Top Bottom