Spektrum DX6i Switch

Graham Lawrie

I went to use my DX6i on Phoenix and whilst calibrating noticed that the rudder switch was stuck solid.

I dug out the original box and found the reciept which showed it is 11 months old. I called Horizon, and the guy was more that happy to send out the switch to me to solder on myself. I have started to find the scroll switch sticking:(

I am going to keep an eye on it this week when i go on Phoenix after work this coming week.

If it persists i will send it back.

On the plus side the switch arrived a day after the phone call so a good response from Horizon.

Last edited:
I had one of my dual rate switches get stuck like that, and I took the controller apart to investigate. I found that the stem of the switch had been pushed in and pushed the inner part of the switch out of the back of the metal housing. I was able to push it back in and bend the metal tabs back in place and it has held fine.

Lee

Had that too. The metal rocker plate had been bent, stopping the switch from moving in mine. Bent it back to the right shape and no worries. :D

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I have had to repair a switch after dropping my DX6i. Well, the wife knocked it off the table with her purse. Just took it apart, pulled the switch apart, put it back together the way it was supposed to be and everything is still working as it should. FWIW, it was the F-Mode switch on mine. Same switch, different side.

Top Bottom