Spektrum DX6i Still in the box after 2 weeks as I'm clueless???

Tintin

Hi. I recently bought a brand new DX6i transmitter + AR 6210 receiver (and the satellite thingy) bundle. They are still in the box after 2 weeks because I haven't a clue how to use them? In fact I haven't even installed the batteries or switched it on!!!
I have watched the DX videos on this site but it's all geared around CP heli's.
I would love to be able to install the AR 6210 receiver in to my Twister Bell 47 coaxial heli (or Twister Sky Lift)... but how? I fully understand how to
strip down and rebuild coaxial heli's and FP's as well as installing 3 in 1 and 4 in 1 units etc but it seems the DX stuff is out of my league. Also, I have the Phoenix Flight sim and would love to use the DX with that... but again I haven't a clue as regards to settings etc.
Any help would be so appreciated, thanks.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
welcome aboard! I believe that questions are not recommended to be posted here (as those looking to answer questions do not look here). I would personally recomend that you look into this thread helped me in the setup up of Phoenix a lot. HOW-TO Configure Phoenix Flight Simulator - by Marius S As for the helicopters, I'm not sure; I've never done anything like that, but I'm sure it can be done, just go under the helicopter section and I'm sure one of the good electronics guys will help you out.... Again WELCOME ABOARD! hope this helps ;)

Tony

Staff member
Moved this thread to the Spektrum forum.

There is no easy way to put the DX6i in either of those helicopters. In fact, I will bet that you would have to completely rewire the heli and by the time you are done, you woudl have more in those than you would have in a new mCX or mSR which are MUCH better helicopters. Because of the risk of frying the electronics in those heli's, we can not post any suggestions as to what "might" work. because the result would be magic smoke filling the room.

As for the sim, Stokke used a DX7s, but the procedure is the same for the DX6i. If you read through that thread and still have questions, post a question in the phoenix section and we will help you out.

Tintin

Thanks for those answers. I know this thread is posted in the wrong section but I can't figure out how to move it to the relevant section???
The link to the Phoenix setup is great. Regarding the installation of the AR 6210 receiver in to the coaxial heli's, the guy in the shop from where I bought the DX6i said it was pretty easy to install. I won't go back to the shop and ask as it's a bit embarrasing with a coaxial!!!
Also, when the AR 6210 is installed in a FP or CP heli where does it get it's power supply from? Thanks again.

Tony

Staff member
This is in the correct section, no worries.

and I'm sure the guy at the hobby shop was stating that it was easy to put in a CP heli like a 450 or something. And it is. But in the Coax, there is a whole nother realm of mixing going on with brushed motors that need mixing that your Rx can't do. The control board in the heli is what does it.

As for power, they get there power, in small helicopters from the ESC. In larger heli's, then you either use a receiver pack or a UBEC. UBEC is a stand alone power supply, it stands for Universal Battery Eliminator Circuit.

Tintin

Hi. When I bought the DX6i I did mention to the guy that I wanted to put the receiver in to the Twister Sky Lift (which he sells in his shop and obviously knows it's a coaxial). Maybe he just wanted a sale!!!
When you mentioned that the control board does the mixing did you mean the 4 in 1 unit, as there is no board in the Sky Lift or Twister Bell?
Also, I suppose that means I can't install that receiver in to my Honey Bee FP either as that also has a 4 in 1 and a brushed motor?
It seems to be more complicated than I originally thought!
Thanks again for the info by the way.

Tintin

Hi. When I bought the DX6i I did mention to the guy that I wanted to put the receiver in to the Twister Sky Lift (which he sells in his shop and obviously knows it's a coaxial). Maybe he just wanted a sale!!!
When you mentioned that the control board does the mixing did you mean the 4 in 1 unit, as there is no board in the Sky Lift or Twister Bell?
Also, I suppose that means I can't install that receiver in to my Honey Bee FP either as that also has a 4 in 1 and a brushed motor?
It seems to be more complicated than I originally thought!
Thanks again for the info by the way.

john2012

Banned
No tintin you cannot install a spektrum rx in a coaxial heli because they have a circuit board in them and it already is set for the transmitter, A the guy a the hobby just wanted to make a sale they are known to do things llike that

Top Bottom