1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Flight Controllers Dx6i Settings For Kk2.1.5 On A F550 Hexacopter.

Discussion in 'Multi-Rotor' started by Jimmy Foster, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Jimmy Foster

Jimmy Foster New Member

Retired
    F550 hexacopter settings with a kk2.1.5 flight controller board. Does anyone have any good setups they wouldnt care to get me started out with???

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018

2. Stambo

Stambo Well-Known Member

First thing I would do is throw that KK2 as far away as you can.
    You may get it to fly but I doubt if it will ever fly well.
    They got many of us flying in the past but a modern flight controller is so much better.
    Even the Naze32 is now considered obsolete.
    Get yourself a decent F4 or F7 board, there are heaps of guides out there that will help and they are not super expensive.
    Just make sure you get one with enough outputs for your hex.

3. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Information Technology (Retired)
    Firstly I agree with Stambo it's real old technology with an 8 Bit processor as compared to 32 Bit on later boards, having said that my first KK2 flew a F450 straight out of the box with minimum setup basically number of motors. I soon found that I was limited and moved up to a Naze32, I have sold most of my drones but if I ever pull the remaining ones off the shelf I suppose I'll have to upgrade to a later board.

Go to Youtube there is a complete series of setup videos for the KK2 on an F550 if you decide to go that way.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  4. Jimmy Foster

Jimmy Foster New Member

Retired
    ive taken your advice and since gotten an sp racing f3+osd integrate board. is this a decent one? and how do i hook it up?

5. Jimmy Foster

Jimmy Foster New Member

Retired
    what about an sp racing f3+osd integrate? and how would i go about hooking it up on my hex?

6. D.O.G.

D.O.G. Well-Known Member Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
  7. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Hey Jimmy, I am sorry it has taken so long to get to this thread. The questions you posted above are pretty general and the best we can do with those questions is give general answers which, don't actually help much. There are a lot of F3 boards out there (and congrats on getting the F3 for your first board and not the F4 which is VERY sensitive to vibrations) and knowing the exact setup you need and the exact wiring is close to impossible without knowing exactly what board you have. We are always happy to help, but please try to give as many specifics as you can when asking a question so we can give the most accurate answers.