Spektrum DX6i Roller Switch Failing

Bruno

The roller switch is failing to activate more and more often.
What can I do to fix/replace the switch?
I would rather replace the switch myself. Is the part available? Is it a doable repair?
The radio was purchased 1/15/12.

Thank you.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you are pushing on the top of the roller when you select an item in the menu, never the bottom.

And you might get lucky and find one on ebay, but you will not be able to order them from Horizon, you must send the Tx into them for them to replace it.

EyeStation

There is a cam at the top end of that knob. There is also a hex protrusion that keys into the rotary switch that also is the axle it spins on. If the end of that plastic hex has broken off, I have replaced it with a allen wrench segment of the same size. Drill it out a bit and press fit the Allen into position. trim as necessary. If you disassemble it this far, pull that roller out of there and push the micro switch manually and see if it works. May just be that the cam cannot put pressure on the switch without the pivot point of the hex protrusion.

Derek

I've had the same issues with my DX6i. After talking with Horizon Hobby, it seems that I would have to send it in to them and have them fix it. I think it's messed up that I can't order the replacement part. I still haven't sent my DX6i in for repair, but I do intend on doing it soon.

Graham Lawrie

This happened to me. It is a very easy fix. Just phone Horizon, they will send out the part. I fixed mine in minutes:) and if I can do it anyone can. It is simple:)

Tony

Staff member
That may be true over there, but here I have heard of everyone having ot send it in. Hope not though

Derek

I was on the phone with HH for about 30 minutes...trying to get them to send me the part. They were insistent that I send my DX6i to them for diagnostic and repairs. So...I have to buy a box to ship it in....I have to pay the shipping to them, pay for them to repair my DX6i, then I have to pay for the return shipping. Ugh!

Graham Lawrie

That's bad news. The guy on the phone in UK sent me the part free of charge and asked could I do it myself:) I looked on youtube and did it in 5 minutes. It takes longer to remove the screws than it did to fit it:)

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the repair it's self is quite simple. It's just getting your hands on it, that's the problem.

Graham Lawrie

I have been looking on the net in the UK and it seems to be common here that everyone who phones Horizon in the UK gets one sent free?

Tony

Staff member
Guys, if the button quit working, then it's a board issue. The replacement rollers are only for those that have broke that part of the roller. If anything on the board is broke, then a new roller won't do anything.

Derek

Maybe I need to call them again. I have looked at the inside of the DX6i many times and it looks like the repair would be super simple.

Bruno

I was on the phone with HH for about 30 minutes...trying to get them to send me the part. They were insistent that I send my DX6i to them for diagnostic and repairs. So...I have to buy a box to ship it in....I have to pay the shipping to them, pay for them to repair my DX6i, then I have to pay for the return shipping. Ugh!

How much was the repair cost $ ?

Derek

They were going to charge me the minimum service fee of $30/hour. Then I would also have to pay to ship my Tx to them, then pay the shipping back to me.

cn63bug

Maybe I need to call them again. I have looked at the inside of the DX6i many times and it looks like the repair would be super simple.

Hey Derek. Is it the roller that's broke? Or is it the pot that isn't working right? I had an issue with mine that the pot that the roller goes into was tracking very poorly. I used some electrical cleaner on it and it fixed that issue for me. Took all os about 10 minutes to complete after letting the cleaner evaporate.

Graham Lawrie

Guys, if the button quit working, then it's a board issue. The replacement rollers are only for those that have broke that part of the roller. If anything on the board is broke, then a new roller won't do anything.

They sent me the complete thing, not just the roller. I hate it when companies treat people differently. You should get the same service no matter what country you are in.

A big mac is the same the world over.

Top Bottom