dx6i question

I have a simple 2 part question.
With the DX6I can it only bind with specktrum receivers? / or can it bind with any receivier?

Tony

Staff member
It can bind to any Rx that is running DSM2 or DSMx. It will NOT bind to any 2.4ghz Rx though.

RandyDSok

I thought the original Spectrum 6ch transmitter was also labeled as a DX6i and it would only support DSM2 unless the user opted to update it for $75, I know the newer models supported both ... but the older ones didn't

Tony

Staff member
You are correct, if there is not an "X" on the right side of the screen, then it will only work with a DSM2 Rx. Thanks for the clarification. I was basing that off him saying new Tx, but skipped the flack it may be "new to him".

Parkflyer

Hi Nitro, just to let you know my DX6i DSM2 binds really well with the Orange RX from a well known auction site, good price too.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I have ordered 6 different OrangeRx's and never had an issue with any of them. Other than range that is lol. But, they are not made for that without the satellite Rx on them.

Parkflyer

Hi Tony, I have not yet flowt using Orange RX's...are you saying range is an issue and satellite receivers are a MUST on these RX's?.... if so i'v got some ordering to do!! hahah

Tony

Staff member
The OrangeRx is good to about 400'. I don't know about your eyesight, but mine will not let me fly any farther out than that lol. If you are going to get into FPV though, you will want to invest in an AR-6200 Spektrum Rx with Satellite. That is what I run on my Edge 540 since it's big enough I can fly it out a little ways further. If you are just doing what your name suggests, then the orange Rx will do you just fine by it's self.

Parkflyer

Cool, thanks for that. You just saved me a few pounds. I was slightly concerned as the Orange RX cord seems VERY short? Guess I have got too used to FM!

Top Bottom