General DX6i power difference

halfpint

First I want to say thanks for all those that have help others with there question, You just didn't help that person but a lot of others that got the info without asking, I just on of those that got that help. :biggrin1:

I have a DX6i and a RcPowers SU34v4 is doing great. Now a friend cam over with a new DX6i and another SU34V4 same part. same set up. His plane went nose down twice and after a turn or so go stuck in a bank and crasher. After checking his DX6i setting the only difference was he had not put the power setting on US. It was still on number "A-EU". Would that have caused it? Any other suggestion would help. Thanks ahead of time for answers and all the help in the pass. GREAT Site.

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the EU setting is a lower power. But many things could cause a brown out. From antennas not being able to pick up the signal because they are next to a motor or servo, or a cheap Rx like an OrangeRx that just doesn't have the distance.

Take both of your planes and set them in the same spot facing the same direction. Turn everything on and do a range test at the same exact time. See what one loses first. There is a setting in the DX6i to reduce power so you only have to walk a few yards (30 or so). Then start playing with the antennas in the losing plane and see if you can extend the range. Poke the antenna cables out of the plane, make sure if there is two antennas, they are facing in two different directions 90º from each other (one right or left, one front or back). Let me know how it goes.

Top Bottom