Spektrum dx6i high low setting?

gas man

hi everyone

ive searched the web for 3 days and im ready to top my self!!

i have a dx6i and a few beginer electric helis,im trying to set up the dx6i for the blade msr.
ive found setting ect but none really explain tottally.

so my questions are.
where is high and low setting like my cheaper version transmitter has when you click in thumb stick? do i have to set this up? or is it automatically on the gyro switch? do i enable this first???
also when i put in some setting ive found on the net how do i assign to say one switch like elev d/r ?? also can i still use these setting in low and high setting? or is this what this is?
really confused and thinking of selling the dx6i and using my original transmitter .

really looking for someone to explain to me what to do,not just throwing a few settings at me,
ive binded the msr,named it ect,just want to be able to fly in door as have limited space as well and not have it jump a mile at the first imput i give it.

i would really appreciate some help but understand if you cant be arsed and dont want to help a noob lol

gasman

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Welcome! Around here everyone helps everyone? Lol I'm not sure on your setup what's what. I don't have that heli. There are however lots of members on here that can help you! I'm sure someone will get to you shortly. Tony has many videos on how to set up a dx6i both on here and on you tube. Look for Rc-help on the tube. Watch the videos and any thing eltz we will help you. Once again " welcome to the madness "

murankar

Staff member
I am not sure about what switch does what but this should help.

Right above the gimbals you should have some switches. Those switches should be labeled "Ail", "rud" and there should be a third, can't recall at the moment what it is. Anyhow if all those switches are in the "0" position then that is low rate. If you switch them to the "1" position then you will be in high rates. Thus only works like this if you set up the tx according to the manual.

gas man

thx hope someone can help me.

went on youtube,put in some settings for the msr,told me to put some setting in the mix menu????? doesnt tell me what for? pressed mix on hand set just stopped everything working??
again doesnt tell me where high and low rate is or even the setting i put in for gyro do or how i even use it???
again loads of setting on the net just no one telling me why or what i do it for lol.

all i want is a set up where i can fly on a kinda easy mode then when better at flying change it to a faster mode.

i think once i understand how i use the setting people offer out there il be sorted.

thx

gasman

Lee

Hi Gas man,
You need to set up Dual Rates and Expo.
D/R allows you to switch your servos from one travel range to another. Example is 70% and 100%. By reducing the travel to 70% it limits the movement of your heli, ideal for beginners that can overcompensate.
Expo will reduce the servos movement around mid stick, basically reducing the chance of any unintentional inputs by shaky fingers.
Here is a video by Tony explaining in more detail.Rc-Help - Dual Rates (D/R) & Exponential (Expo) Explained

In your DX6I, go into D/R and Expo menu. You have two positions for each switch on the radio 0 and 1. Set your switches to 0 and then change your D/R to 70% and your Expo to 30% or even 40%. Do this for Elev and Aileron settings. Then put your switches in position 1 and change the settings to D/R 100% and Expo 20%. And you are done.
When you want the heli to fly more smoothly flick the switches for Elev and Aile to 0, and for more agile flying flick to position 1.
Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
First of all, Sam, you need to purchase this helicopter. It's better than a sim and it will teach you more than a sim will. And it will help you out extremely with your 600.

With that said...

:welcome1:

Thanks for joining up on the forum gasman, it's a pleasure to have you here. If you have not watched the DX6i videos that I made when I first created this site, check them out by CLICKING HERE. Now that is just the first page of what I have on the video. If you look on the left in the menu, you will see more links for the DX6i. Watch all of them, they will teach you a lot that you don't know at this time.

I would like to stress this, DO NOT SELL THE DX6I!!! It's one of the best Tx you can have when getting into the hobby. It was the single best purchase I made apart from getting a sim.

Second, don't ever hesitate to ask a question as you did. No matter what it is.

With that said, lets see if we can explain some things to help you out.

When you pressed down on the stick on the RTF Tx, it was adjusting the DR (Dual Rate). This is a very, VERY important setting to learn. Go to youtube.com and search "RcHelpDotCom" and watch my video on DR/Expo Explained. You can also see it by clicking on articles above and clicking on "Helpful Articles" in the left menu. It will teach you what Expo and Dual Rates do when you activate them.

To get this same setting in the DX6i, slick your wheel to get into your menu and then scroll down to the second one "DR / Expo". In there set position 0 with 70% dual rate and +35 Expo. This will tame down the sticks so it feels like it did when you clicked the stick on the stock Tx. Set position 1 (by physically flipping the DR/Exop switch on the setting you want to change) to 100% DR and INH Expo. This will give you full throws on cyclic and give you NO expo. So your stick inputs will be linear.

You asked about assigning a switch above. Unfortunately you can not "assign" a switch to a specific function on the 6i. If you want to do this, you will have to get a more expensive Tx. I have the DX8 and I know for a fact that you can assign those switches, and you may be able to on the 7s, but don't quote me on that.

Once you are done setting up your DR/Expo, back out of that screen back into the main menu and scroll all the way down to system menu. I can't remember where, but in there somewhere you can set the DR/Expo to flip all 3 (aileron, elevator, rudder) by just flipping one switch. Those that have the 6i can chime in on this, or it will be answered in a video that I made on this tx.

I assure you, the DX6i is a GREAT radio and you will use it for years to come. I would still have mine if I didn't want to upgrade to make videos on something different.

Be sure to click through the article section and check out all of the articles. Specifically the mSR menu. In there, you will see the settings that I myself used on the mSR and that is the helicopter that single handily taught me how to fly a helicopter.

If I have not answered a question you may have, please let me know. I will help you in any way that I can. Thanks again for joining up on out forum, you will find a lot of great friends here!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just looked at the msr to refresh my memory. You do not need anything special settings to fly this heli. Just go into a airplane menu name it and fly. That's all you need. Don't need no hi low don't need a set up. Nothing. It will fly just fine using a basic airplane menu. I have a sr120 it's a little bit bigger heli. That's how. I set mine up on my dx6i.

Tony

Staff member
Sam, you will need to setup a "heli" on it and this heli can get very twitchy if you are not running any expo or DR. I highly suggest following my setup in the mSR page in the Articles when first getting ahold of this heli.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sam, you will need to setup a "heli" on it and this heli can get very twitchy if you are not running any expo or DR. I highly suggest following my setup in the mSR page in the Articles when first getting ahold of this heli.

Ok like I said my sr 120 I just have in the acro mode per horizon told me to do! Lol. It works great.

gas man

tony ,sam,lee

big thank you!!

its making sense now!

will be watchin the utube vids but first gonna check out tony msr settings in msr menu.

changed so i just press one switch to change all,also didnt even know when doing the d/r to click the button above to edit the 1 settings lol.

well chuffed ,tested a min ago and it just hovers for ages,well kind of,sits still for few seconds then does a really small circle.

the penny has droped lol. just done the sub trim as needed it badly as even with full trim on it still kept going forward lol.

off to do some reading and research then hopefully be able to set up my other helicopters.

thx again!

gasman

gas man

quick update

blade msr flying really well,love the way it feels. it hovers like my mcx did.
also set up my mcx2 and that is so tame i could leave the room and be confident it would stay put in a hover lol.

tried my msrx and set that up with some settings i found but even with them its impossible to fly in the house,on take off it flys 10 feet to the right before i get it up! if i havnt run out of room and manage to get it up there it settles down ok.
problem is 9 times out 10 it crashes on the way up due to lack of space. room is roughly 15ftx15ft

got to sort my blade 120 sr out yet,hoping thats gonna be my favourite as might in no wind condition be able to take out side.

thx again for the help earlier,think il get on the pheonix 4 latter for bit of practice as misses going nuts scared heli gonna hit her while she watches tv lol.

gasman

Lee

Hey gas man, no worries mate glad to help. Where you at? I'm guessing good ole' Blighty somewhere.
Have you check the swashplate is level on the MSRX? Maybe needs a couple of turns on the control arms?
Hope to have Phoenix sim for christmas, get online with ya, do some "stick banging 3D action" :thumbsup:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Glad o here you up and running. Anytime you need help all you have to do is ask!

Tony, I an fly my sr120 just fine! That what I Fly indoors all winter in the gym that the club rents.

gas man

lee, yeah from cold england!
which is why i havr alot of indoor helis lol,

only just got the pheonix 4 ,its very good and easy to use.loving it !

gasman

Top Bottom