Spektrum DX6i Differential

Derek

I was exploring my DX6i more today. Learning what some of the other features do. I found "Differential" in the settings and it's currently set to "INH", meaning inhibit, of course. However, I can't scroll down to it to activate it. Is there a reason why I can't activate the "Differential?"

Tony

Staff member
Differential is used to provide more throw to one aileron in one direction and less in another. I think this is activated if you are using dual ailerons. Not 100% sure, but I think that's right. It's been a while since I looked into this.

Derek

I did some looking around and found the manual to my Tx. After reading about the Differential, it says that the "Differential" option can only activated if I were to choose "DUALAILE" in the "WING TAIL MIX" function. Ok, so I wanted to try it out. After changing the "WING TAIL MIX" to "DUALAILE" and having to reverse the throw on one of my aileron servos, the servo on my left wing lost about 75% of it's original travel. UGH! That being the case, I just changed everything back to the way that I had it and I just won't concern myself with the "Differential" at all.

Would this issue have something to do with the way that I have my ailerons setup? I have my right aileron hooked up to the AILE on my Rx and my left aileron is mixed via AUX1. Would I be better off to just get a "Y" harness and set it up that way if I were to change my mind and want to use the "Differential?"

Tony

Staff member
As stated in the post above, differential will cause more throw in one aileron than the other in one direction. It's hard to explain in text quite honestly. However, you have your servos setup correctly with the right aileron in the ail port. I would not run a Y, I can't stand them because you can't adjust the trim independently.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
My *personal preference* is to use the Y connector unless I need differential. Setting the aileron trims too neutral or doing separate trims should be done manually by adjusting the clevises because the servos should always be at 90 degrees at the neutral setting. :pirate:

Derek

ok, i think i understand this part. I also think that for the time being, I'll just leave it as it is and I'll leave the "Differential" for another day. Thanks for the help on this.

Top Bottom