Spektrum DX6i D/R Expo Switch & Flight Mode Switch

Bruno

I have been experimenting with my DX6i settings. I have a question:

(I have DR/Expo 0 & 1 mode set to the aile switch) however, the flight mode switch is the only swith that changes the Throttle Curve and Pitch Curve setting to "stunt mode". Does that mean that I have to switch both the D/R Expo switch and the F mode switch for 3D flight?

:scratchchin:

Tony

Staff member
Yes. I would have an expo setting of about +35 and a DR setting of about 70 when in normal mode and my other setting would be Expo about +65 and DR 100% for 3D mode.

Bruno

Yes. I would have an expo setting of about +35 and a DR setting of about 70 when in normal mode and my other setting would be Expo about +65 and DR 100% for 3D mode.

Hmmm....I am knew to 3D settings and in this novice stage I am curious as to why you would soften up the sticks to +65 in 3D mode.

Just seems you would want them crisp for 3D stunts???

I am anticipating your answer but will defer to your response.

Thank you for your expertise.

stokke

When I started out flying 3D, I used 15~20% expo.
Today, after about 60 packs I'm down to 3~5% expo when doing 3D.

Tony

Staff member
In all reality, these are my own personal rates that I use. Everyone will be different on what they use. the reason you would want to soften up the sticks is because you are running full throw and not 70% and it makes the heli easier to control to take off and land. If you don't like it, by all means change it to what you do like. This is just where I have things set on my Tx.

Lee

I would have to agree with the less Expo group. If you are going to be doing 3D, it means you are gaining in confidence and should be able to cope with a lower Expo. You wouldn't go from a standard salon car to a world rally car and dull down the steering. I think you'd crash pretty quickly. I have my expo the same for normal and Stunt modes 30% Could probably drop it down a bit, but i'm used to it now.

Soosman6

I am new to the RC Helicopter world and am in the process of building a TREX 450 Pro V2. Just want to say my hat is off to you guys for putting this website together for us newbies. I have been watching the utube videos by Tony. Thanks Tony! Those videos have helped me out a lot in the process and you even make them entertaining at times. So my question is...would you recommend going with the AR7610 7-Channel DSMX Hi Speed Receiver [SPMAR7610] or Align's 3GX that was included in the box?(AR7610 7-Channel DSMX Hi Speed Receiver (SPMAR7610): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology) Totally pumped on building this bad boy and can't wait to get airborne!!!

Tony

Staff member
I am new to the RC Helicopter world and am in the process of building a TREX 450 Pro V2. Just want to say my hat is off to you guys for putting this website together for us newbies. I have been watching the utube videos by Tony. Thanks Tony! Those videos have helped me out a lot in the process and you even make them entertaining at times. So my question is...would you recommend going with the AR7610 7-Channel DSMX Hi Speed Receiver [SPMAR7610] or Align's 3GX that was included in the box?(AR7610 7-Channel DSMX Hi Speed Receiver (SPMAR7610): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology) Totally pumped on building this bad boy and can't wait to get airborne!!!

Thanks for the kind words. As for what Rx to use, it really depends on what you are doing. If you are running a flybar helicopter, then just use the 7ch Rx. If you are flybarless with a 7+ch Tx, then just use the 3GX. On mine, I used just the 3GX as you saw in the Align videos. So if you are flybarless and running a 7+ch Tx, go with just the 3GX. If you are flybared, then just the 7ch Rx and if you have flybarless with a 6ch Tx, you will have to use the Rx and 3GX together. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom